Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bike trainer
Quote | Reply
I had a wahoo kickr snap and sold it, didn't like it. With days getting shorter, crazy weather and crazy drivers. Thinking about getting another trainer for when I can't get outside. I ride a MTB and gravel bike in offseason until it gets too cold to ride outside, less than 35 degrees. I have narrowed it down to tacx flux S smart trainer and wahoo core trainer. Son works at store and can get decent discount off of garmin products. So I could get the tacx unit for almost $300 less than the core. Anyone tried both and can give me feedback? Is the core worth $300 than tacx flux. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: bike trainer [dl1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had neither, so my 2 cents is probably not worth that. I had a big KICKR and loved it. I have a Neo 2 and love it. For $300 savings, I vote for the Tacx. I did have a couple thoughts... The Flux S is really a re-branded Flux 1 and is a much lesser performing trainer than the Core and Flux 2. The Flux S is kind of in the Tier 3 category of direct drive trainers. However, for normal riding among mortals, its specs are fine.
Quote Reply
Re: bike trainer [dl1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the flux S had some reliability issues that were sorted with the introduction of the flux 2. I would go for the flux 2 rather than the S. YouTube GP Lama I think he has some good videos about the Tacx flux trainers that are well worth watching.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply