Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bike shopping
Quote | Reply
Just got back from a shopping trip to John Cobb's Shreveport store and not only ended up with a great ride, but had a great time. Brian Cowan, John Cobb, and crew spent hours setting up various rides and let me explore the roads of La. I fell in love with the Trek TT and John even agreed to paint it pink! Brian and John had done a clinic in Rochester, NY, over the winter and made some major improvements to my old ride and I knew that they would take care of me...which they absolutely did. They listened to what I liked and didn't. They were the first bike shop to take me seriously...fellow chicks take note!
Quote Reply
Re: bike shopping [pinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not a chick (my wife would cringe at my using the term), but it's good to know that your LBS took you seriously. After getting passed by dozens of women (the men started first) on the bike leg of Utah Half Ironman Duathlon (the swim was cancelled), I take women cyclists very seriously.

====================================
Do not take counsel of your fears.--Andrew Jackson
Quote Reply
Re: bike shopping [pinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe you could buy the pink get-up Simoni wore in the final TT of the Giro to match your bike. Heck, you could even get the pink mavic wheels he was riding for the full effect. Seriously though, congrats. On a side note, does aftermarket painting have any bearing on the Trek warranty. I have heard rumors that even removing decals may be a no-no. However, I would suspect if the bike came from Cobb you may get taken care of my Trek . . .
Quote Reply