Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bike computer question
Quote | Reply
I was reading something yesterday and they were mentioning that if you have a bike computer that reads off of the rear wheel you can get speed info even when you are on a trainer... which makes sense. But my question is whay can't you put any bike computer sensor on the rear wheel?

Does anyone have a suggestion for bike computers, preferably wireless that can mount on the rear
Quote Reply
Re: bike computer question [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most computers other than the ones made to go on the rear wheels do not have a long enough wire to reach down the downtube to the rear wheel. If you really want to you can cut strip and splice in an extension, but be sure to use good heat shrink tubing back over the splices to help keep out water.

Tim Anderson
"It's the nature of the internets that you get some dweeb who knows nothing about (insert topic here) pontificates about (topic), believing that his/her opinion is worth the same as opinions from those who actually knows what's going on." --Echappist
Quote Reply
Re: bike computer question [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wireless computer I had a few years back didn't have a strong enough transmitter signal to reach from the rear wheel to the receiver on the handlebars. If I wanted to know speed/mileage while on the trainer I had to mount the receiver on my seatpost. This made seeing it a little awkward. Maybe I should have had the "Spongy Wonder" seat.

I think there was a thread last week that mentioned a new Vetta wireless computer that has cadence capabilities, but not sure which wheel the speed/mileage comes from.

Chris
Quote Reply