Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bike computer question
Quote | Reply
Does any company make a wireless bike computer with a rear wheel mount? For that matter which companies have computers with a rear wheel mount?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: bike computer question [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used my Polar S710 with speed measurement, however I had to set the range to maximum and this seemed to be working well

thanks
tri2b
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  I don't know about wireless, but I just ordered the Cateye Astrale because it has a rear-wheel mount. If I remember correctly, the subject of favorite computers came up a month or so ago and the Astrale was mentioned frequently.

Dave in WI
-----------------------------------------------------
"What you once were isn't what you want to be anymore" - Wilco
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can get rear wheel speed cables for sigma computers and cateye australs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Performance Bike sells a store brand rear wheel mount computer, with or without cadence.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: bike computer question [ktalon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Performance Axiom 8.0c. Fine computer, does the job. Good deal for the money - I think I paid $25 or so. Rear wheel mount and cadence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This question comes up quite regularly on this and other boards.

I think think that concensus is that you cannot get a wireless computer which uses the rear wheel.

The problem seems to be two fold the distance from the rear wheel to the bar mounted unit and also because there is too much bike/rider in the way for the signal to reach the bar unit.

However I may be wrong.......... if I am - I am sure I will soon find out.
Quote Reply
Re: bike computer question [pete_newing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Polar S-710 mounted on my rear wheel with the speed sensor set to max.

-Mike[/reply]
Quote Reply
Re: bike computer question [Mike in CA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike,

How did you change the output on the speed sensor?

Thanks,

John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used both the Performance Axiom 8.0c and the Cateye Astrale. Both have cadence & rear wheel mounts. I prefer the Axiom b/c it has larger numbers, although the '03 Cateye's are coming out and they appear to have larger numbers than in the past.

Vetta makes a wireless cadence computer. I have one on the way so I haven't tried it yet, but I have a friend who has one and has had no problems.
Quote Reply
Re: bike computer question [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John,

Remove the two inset screws and open the sensor where you will see a board with jumpers on it.

Inside, the jumper switches between high, medium and low power. With the jumper in the position closest to the edge of the board is maxiumun, in the other position medium, and removed is low.

Make sure the fine rubber seal stays in place to ensure water resistance of the sensor. It is really easy to do and you can find more information in the forum at http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/index1.htm .

Send me an email if you need any help.

-Mike
Quote Reply