Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

be-bop pedals
Quote | Reply
looking for opinions on be-bop vs. speedplay pedals.

thanks,

geoff
Quote Reply
Re: be-bop pedals [trirn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used bebops for a while and liked them a lot, but had one come apart on me in a race. I carried on using them for a while, but switched to speedplay on the basis that there seemed to be less that could go wrong with them. Mine was probably a freak occurance, and bebops are probably lighter.... They don't feel much different to me.
Quote Reply
Re: be-bop pedals [gordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey geoff. in my experience be bop users run hot and cold. you seem to hear a lot about them geting banged up and becoming difficult to work, or cleat problems and whathaveyou. other dudes swear by them and think the world needs to get hip. one thing is certain, you will be the odd man out if you have them - hope you don't lose a cleat screw or something the day before a race....your local shop in podunk wherever will not have replacement for you.
Quote Reply
Re: be-bop pedals [trirn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got 2 sets of Bebops...have had them for 4+ years. Great pedal. I previously had Speedplay and might have been the only one at the time who had all sorts of problems with them (specifically, trying to get them to work with my Time shoes).

I have found the Bebops easier to clean, and the cleats are more durable than those of Speedplays (I went through a Speedplay set of cleats in one try season...the Bebops have lasted me this long so far). The only problem I had, was that pedal screw working it's way loose on a ride once, so I had to keep pedaling with an "inward" pull so my foot wouldn't come off the spindle. No worries though, I contacted them, shipped up my pedals to them, they fixed the problem and sent them back...no charge.

~ Craig

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply