Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

balancing different power for trainer data and outdoor power meter data in training software
Quote | Reply
my outdoor bike with a pioneer power meter reads about 10% lower than my trainer data via a cycleops hammer (and than my old srm and an old powertap hub). at first i figured i'd just lower my threshold numbers in golden cheetah, but now as i'll be riding a bit more than 50% of my kilojoules indoors (i'm a teacher - going back to school), the trainer will have a larger effect on the training data. does anyone have a way he/she is happy with for rectifying the data? i don't think i can reset pioneer 'slope' to match the other power meters though i think if i try a few calibrations on the cycleops hammer i can get a lower power reading (my experience - usually the later into a ride i calibrate trainer, the lower the power)?
of course lower trainer power readings = a few beatdowns in the virtual zwift/rouvy worlds!
Quote Reply
Re: balancing different power for trainer data and outdoor power meter data in training software [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you using the bike with the Pioneer PM on the trainer you reference? If so, just record what the Pioneer outputs. It should still tell you the same thing inside and out and that is what you should use to track your effort. If there is a mismatch between the trainer power levels and what your Pioneer says you are doing, note the discrepancy and set the trainer higher to match.
Quote Reply
Re: balancing different power for trainer data and outdoor power meter data in training software [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can use the pioneer power data to control the trainer in certain applications.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you not just set up different profiles and use the appropriate profile (in your head unit) if you’re indoors or out?
Quote Reply
Re: balancing different power for trainer data and outdoor power meter data in training software [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i know -- not a less fortunate person's problem -- i have a separate trainer bike that just sits on the hammer -- so i use the hammer data on my wahoo bolt head unit
maybe a i can tell the wahoo bolt to reduce the readings by 10%??
obviously not a huge priority -- just curious if someone has already devised a workaround - thanks, sincerely, rick
Quote Reply