Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
at last!
Quote | Reply
i have a brain tumor. no i am not kidding and yes i am happy about this. my severe personality shift, memory loss, skill loss, blinding headaches. it all has a shape and a name, 'jean' after my mother in law. it fits, trust me.

it is now about half the size of a foose ball and blood tests show no cancer markers. the doc i'm at now thanks it might not grow anymore considering my symptoms haven't changed for a while. still he thinks it should come out and i agree. the headaches are worse than death itself. so after tuesday i could be brilliant again or be dead, who knows?

this is going to put bike buying off the chart for a while and triathlons with it. so i'll talk to you again in a few years and see some of y'all on the underwear run in kona.

thank y'all for everything and be nice too francois.

jon

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: at last! [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, how does one respond to someone who is excited about a brain tumor? Congratulations?!

Jon,

I'll miss your "out there" thoughts.

I hope that you have good doctors and that they REALLY care about you. Please do some internet research about alternative remedies as well. I don't advocate not getting the surgery, it's just that far to often the knife is accepted as a first line of cure by the medical community. Cellular health, IMO, is why you have the tumor in the first place. Once it's removed, you'll need to nourish your cells to prevent it from coming back.

Be well and please let us know how things turn out. When one of us falls, we all feel it. :'-(

Au revoir pour maintenant, mon ami. (good bye for now, my friend)

Sean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CJ...

Good luck with the surgery and keep us posted. We'll be sending good thoughts your way.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jon, Good luck with it all. We will all be thinking of you and missing your input. Get well soon and hurry back. Jim Sweeney

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
come back soon so that I can teach you french!
:-)

good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck. You will be in our thoughts and we will be looking forward to hearing from you again. Keep us posted.

God Speed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will keep those bike parts I am holding for you until you get well and get a frame to put them on. I am betting you will need them sooner than you let on.

Best of luck my special forces friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take care of yourself and best wishes for the surgery. I have read your posts here with interest and I look forward to your return. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Dawn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gonna miss your efforts to lighten things up when they get a bit too serious around here.

So, who's going to root for da 'Boys & Mavs w/ me now?

Good luck, Jon. Hopefully you'll be back sooner than you think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good luck to you...i've often heard from survivors of difficult medical issues that it was their mental strength and positive attitude that they believed helped them the most. so focus on kicking this things ass.
good luck
dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's your wicked sense of humor that always draws me to your posts, which is most needed in a sport that tends to make its practioners (including me) all too self-serious.

I hope you make a rapid recovery and come back to slowtwitch soon so you can crack us up with your playfully pithy wit and charm. Godspeed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope all goes well with you and your treatment.

Um, I can't think of a sardonic remark right now, nor anything otherwise off-putting, so I guess I'll just wish you well and save a few barbs for your return.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck Jon. We'll miss you.

Will you still be funny after you're cured?

Don't make us wait years to find out!!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have GOT to be kidding? What is it with Tri-Geeks and Neurological issues?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I don't know you, but I've enjoyed reading your posts in the short time I've been here. Since you're taking this in a bery light-hearted manner, maybe you could ask the docs to fix your creative spelling disorder while they're in there? ;-)

Enjoy the surgery (apparently you can be awake while they're doing it!!) and hope to see you back here soon.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does one respond to a post like this? Man... I really hope you get sorted out quickly and back to lusting after free, killer gear again.

I know I'm not the only one that will miss you man,

Khai

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Luck....

if you need any help with explaining any medical issues feel free to email me at

taku.taira@mail.hsc.sunysb.edu

If I can't answer your questions I now some of the neurosurgeons at the hospital

good luck again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, get better. I like your posts. Kick that tumor in the teeth and buy a bike next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best of luck. Wishing you a speedy recovery and return to a normal healthy life.

You can do it!

Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey everyone just about to go get checked in at the meat factory and wanted to say thanks to the posts and emails. like i have always said you guys kick ass.

funny story. a couple of cc bros of mine and my family took me for fajitas last night. my son leans over to me and ask if the doctors will see my brain. i say yep.

he said "can i touch it?"

my daughter replies "you can't touch what's not there"

oh god that was fantastic. some of you where wondering how i am pretty light hearted about this. well this tumor is a large part of my personality shift. i'm not multi personality but the man talking to you now is not the man you would have talked to 2-3 years ago. so in a strange creepy way there is/was two of me. i really miss the old me. he won't come back but this surgery will help me get as much of him back as possible. i have to laugh. there is no other choice.

i say i'm going to duck out for a long time but i'm such an opionated ass hole i might be back. typing with a straw in my mouth.

well have fun and shut up frank day and chamelion. god what a chore.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best of luck! You should try to hook up with Record9 (I think was his name) - I think he was suffering from a tumor and had surgery last year. As I recall they thought he was terminal but he came th rough with flying colors. Not that you need it but maybe he can provide some support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best of luck on a speedy recovery

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Yah, Great! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who knows, maybe this can be a great thing. Next year you'll come back from kicking this tumors butt, and win Hawaii. You'll be a hero everywhere. But even if that doesn't happen you'll always be a hero here!

Get well soon!
Quote Reply
Re: at last! [haystack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will try to express how someone would get excited about being diagnosed with a brain tumor. My situation was a bit different, but similar in that my illness changed who I was. I was severly depressed, even suicidal. When I was told that I was depressed and that most likely, with the help of medication and counseling I could be happy again, it was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. I had something to attack, something to do, some course of action to take. Instead of sitting by and feeling that this is who I was and that I was a terrible person, a failure, I could be ME again.

Jon now has a goal, a destination, and a road map of the journey. He knows now that there is a treatment, a plan for recovery. To those that have the will to fight, to overcome, to succeed, having a step to take to become whole again is exciting. Just like signing up for a race, it gives us a new purpose. Jon no longer has to endure the pain of not knowing why he has headaches, why he is so different. He has the freedom of knowing that something has happened, it can be fixed, and he does not HAVE TO BE this person he has been.

Godspeed Jon. We will await your return.

Craig
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jon,

Best of luck, man. Your fighting spirit and wicked sense of humor will carry you a long way in beating this thing. I have no doubt that we'll be blessed with your poorly spelled posts again in the very near future. Keep us posted!

-John
Quote Reply

Prev Next