Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

areo position
Quote | Reply
When on the aero bars do/should the upper leg slightly brush the stomach? I read a few years ago somethiong about this but can't remember what. I'm talking on a 78degree tri bike. The lower I go in front the more this seems to happen. I have been fit and the bike is set up correctly. Now I'm getting a little lower in front. It seems that the flatter my back the more my legs brush my stomach,
Quote Reply
Re: areo position [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on the stomach and flexibility. If I get down far enough that my legs hit my stomach, then I would notice constricted breathing. I think that I have read, either on this site or Cobb's about being careful not to restrict breathing when trying to get low. (It was probably Cobb's articles on the big slam position)
Quote Reply
Re: areo position [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can ride all day in the aero position, I am very flexible, But my upper legs do just brush my stomach, (No I don't have a big stomach) very thin!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I meant by flex. is that possibly you are so flexible that you can get that low and still breath well. I cannot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without seeing you, but reading your comments, I'd guess that you could go further forward with your seat (if your bike geometry will allow decent handling with your seat further forward).

BUT, if your back is already flat and parallel to the ground, I'd say you don't need to go any lower in front. Lower is better, until you get your back flat....any lower and you're probably wasting your time and energy, not to mention comfort.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
hip rotation [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I find that if you can get low but have trouble breathing is that you have not rotated your body foward as a result you close off your hip angle which will restrict your breathing. Try getting low then rotating your hips forward and see if that helps you breathing... (kinda hard to describe in words)
Quote Reply