Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

are aquasox legal?
Quote | Reply
i swear i've seen people using them in races, and i don't see anything about it in the usat rules (i wouldn't call them fins) does anyone know the official status of wearing them during the swim?thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: are aquasox legal? [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've talked with other USAT Ref's on this issue
our thoughts:
Booties are not fins and they are not expressly forbidden. they tend to fill with water and cause drag. they do not seem to create a competative swim advantage, so go ahead and use them. That said always check with the head ref at any event prior to using them [ like I said this is the opinion of the group of Ref's that I work with, not policy] as it would be their call.

Eric

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: are aquasox legal? [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where can I get a pair of those? I saw them at a race last year and wished I had bought them, now I can't find them anywhere.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: are aquasox legal? [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check with a local windsurfing shop

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: are aquasox legal? [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would these things slow you down?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: are aquasox legal? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i just bought a TYR pair on ebay for $5 (exactly what ebay is perfect for...) but i've seen them on eastbay for 30.... anyway...i imagine they're great for races that have rocky coasts or a long run to T1...because cutting up your feet could seriously ruin a race....as for drag i'd doubt you'd notice ...... i'll let you know when i try them this weekend...
Quote Reply