Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone using the bont zero + shoe?
Quote | Reply
Haven't seen any recent posts on this shoe.... just wondering if anyone using for short or long course? I know it's not a tri specific model but curious if anyone is using and have had to make any modifications for ease of entry/exit? Thanks for feedback.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using the bont zero + shoe? [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes , love them! Shoe opens up a ton to slip
In and even without using the boa dial, there is a Velcro flap that goes over the top. So u can easily start riding and tighten the BOA down the rode. Same for exit. Super easy. No negatives for any distance or road ride to me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use them for triathlons. You can still doing a flying mount with them, the Boa dial has to be fully loosened and the shoes widened with the tongue holding them open, you fold back the flaps on itself. I didn’t modify mine or anything, I just wrap the rubber bands around the shoe then attach to the frame.
Last edited by: mike s: Aug 5, 18 14:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roadie here: Yes, I love them. I recently put on my old Specialized shoes, the level just below S-works and they flexed so much compared to the Bonts, they felt like wet noodles. The sizing given by Bont is a headache though, so you want to try a pair before you commit. When sprinting in these shoes, they are worth every penny. Plus, they look great. Otherwise, I have no thoughts for you on triathlon use.
Last edited by: beatle: Aug 5, 18 14:41
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using the bont zero + shoe? [beaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how is the sizing? I have the sub 8 & Vaypor + and replaced the standard insoles with the Specialized footbeds...they are definitely snug.

The Zero Plus sizing is coming out to be the same as my current shoes and I am considering sizing up 1/2 and/or going with the wide (couple of mm away from needing that).
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using the bont zero + shoe? [burner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently tried on a new pair from Sigma Sport.
Whatever size you use in Shimano, I'd go half a size up in the bont zero.
I use a 45 Shimano, ordered 46 Bonts, and they were just a little too big.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried them, wasn't a fan. They look aero, but in person they seem pretty large and bulky, even correctly sized.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using the bont zero + shoe? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you, my current shoes are also Bonts. From what I have read, they have increased the toe box area, so was thinking 1/2 a size up over current (which are snug).
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using the bont zero + shoe? [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You catch the rubber band on the cleat? Sorry I'm dense here.

Was looking at buying a pair. Shop didn't have a pair to try on, but had the vapor classics. I wear a 49 in Giro but the 48 felt good in the vapor. Now I'm concerned I should order a 49. Anyone can compare the two models?
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using the bont zero + shoe? [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wrap the rubber band around the shoe opening, not my idea saw it in a Slowtwitch article about Frodeno’s bike. I wear a 49 in Bonts, they do have a wide toe box.

Last edited by: mike s: Aug 6, 18 4:19
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using the bont zero + shoe? [burner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Sub8 and no change in size for me, might take a few molds to get it right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the feedback. Sounds like they should be worth a try.
Quote Reply