Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone try jogmate?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the Jogmate recovery tube thingy...
I was looking at the ingredients... it basically looks like you are drinking a big glass of chocolate milk.

How does it taste, and any problems with digestion?

Hey one positive post and I will give it a shot
Quote Reply
Re: anyone try jogmate? [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haven't had any in a while. the reason? I thought it tasted like crap but that's just my opinion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Last edited by: eric: Jan 17, 03 16:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey taku. funny you should say that. i was xc skiing with a wicked fast dietician a couple years back, and when we were done i pulled a jogmate out and wolfed it down in one very japanese tasting slimy hunk. the dietician looked at the empty tube tube and said " you just had a hershey bar and a glass of milk, how much does this stuff cost?" :) nowadays i just go for the hershey bar and milk - i'm from wisconsin, dontcha know.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone try jogmate? [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhh yes but have you ever tried to stuff a hershey bar and milk into a tube of toothpaste?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ya got me there, taku !! i guess that is why the japanese can make 5 cylinder roadrace gp bikes that make 220 hp and weigh the same as a bicycle and in wisconsin we make harleys that make 40 hp, weigh as much as a two story house, and use tractor technology from "green acres" . :)
Quote Reply
Re: anyone try jogmate? [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TOUCHE! ROTFLMAO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought it tasted like malted milk balls/dried milk and sugar with some chocolate addative. Which isn't a good thing.

For recovery, I really don't think you can beat a well balanced meal. Just my opinion. Your body was built to assimilate real food, not engineered mush.

While racing, that is a different story...your body was not built to eat during vigorous exercise, although it is trainable. However, for long distance training/racing, I do quite well on peanut butter and bananna sandwiches, cut into fourths. Also turkey (on wheat). When those run out, clif bars/power bars on the course seem to do well, although they tend to make me feel kind of crappy after a while.

Just my $.02

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heres my opinion on jogmate. I like them. I would only use them in times when you couldnt get real food---like your training in a remote location, or where refrigeration is missing. My personal favorite recovery meal is chocolate milk (the late Ed Burke also said that that choc milk is a great recovery drink) Or add some sugar to milk to boost the carb content of milk and get the ratio up to 4:1 carb to protein. I think after a race, jogmate is great, and due to the cost thats the only times i would use them. I thought the taste was good----taste a lot better than a lot of other performance foods out there. If you can eat a powerbar, jogmate will taste like candy. I liked both flavors.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jogmate is good recovery "food". Not for use during or before working out, but good to slam one RIGHT after a workout. My opinion on taste is that vanillia is good, choclate is not (could be that pepto-bismo looking packaging they use for the chocaolate).
Quote Reply
Re: anyone try jogmate? [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's interesting to hear how many of us use Chocolate Milk (and occasionally some eggs) as a post-workout recovery item. My dietician friends have recommended doing the same.

As for Jogmate...I think it tastes like monkey's butt...Seriously nasty stuff. Not cheap either.

http://wattieink.com/elite-team/
Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply
Re: anyone try jogmate? [puskas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]

As for Jogmate...I think it tastes like monkey's butt...Seriously nasty stuff. Not cheap either.[/reply]

finally! someone else thinks it's as vile tasting as I think it is

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: anyone try jogmate? [puskas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I gotta agree. (With the stuff tasting nasty, not sure I can compare it to monkey butt.) My brother in law uses it and had me try it. I almost threw up in his face and I've eaten some nasty, nasty stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone try jogmate? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thaks guys - now when I finish my turbo workout tonight and am downing my after work-out jogmate (vanillia) I'm going to be thinking of monkey butt. That actually sounds like something that Fear Factor may have on shortly....
Quote Reply