Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone racing on Chinese CC
Quote | Reply
I have read most of the threads on Chinese CC but besides owning and training does anyone trust their races to them?

Superteam wheel for example?

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: anyone racing on Chinese CC [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
I have read most of the threads on Chinese CC but besides owning and training does anyone trust their races to them?

Superteam wheel for example?

They're fine to race with. Problems with them are:

- not that cheap. $650 for a disc, not that far off Renn, Flo, PlanetX plus the 2nd hand market. I picked my Zipp disc for $700 had been used twice.
- issues with warranty, it will need to be sent to China
- shipping, in general, from China is very, very slow. It took a month for my wheelset to arrive, it was damaged in transit, had to be shipped back, which took 5 weeks, 1 week for it to be inspected, another 5 weeks of shipping. So it took over 3 months
- hard to sell 2nd hand. I could probably sell my Zipp disc for what I paid for it, you will be lucky to sell Chinese wheels period.

I'm not anti Chinese bike stuff, but it's not worth the cost and hassle. There are a few Chinese companies like LightBicycle that now have factories in the US which would make the warranty/shipping issue not a problem.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone racing on Chinese CC [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had two different pairs. A 60 mm and now a 90 mm both where great no issues have compared them to top brands I have rode before and there is no difference.

Have had 200 lbs athletes on the 60 mm no issues rides fine. other athletes I know have done the same no one has reported a problem ever.

The prices for them are starting to climb though.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply