Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anybody using lezyne bike computer?
Quote | Reply
I had one of their bike computers a few years ago. I liked it for the most part and with garmin I never used the majority of the features anyhow. My biggest complaint was for data fields it did not include Lap NP.
If anybody is using a new lezyne bike computer do you know if they added that field? I asked them years ago and got a luke warm response. It seems like a simple thing to add.
Quote Reply
Re: anybody using lezyne bike computer? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a Lezyne Enhanced Super GPS. It has Normalized Power and lap power but does not have an option for lap normalized power. I've never played with either of those data fields.
Last edited by: Ken: Sep 10, 20 10:07
Quote Reply
Re: anybody using lezyne bike computer? [Ken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like they never did add it. I use it if I have an outdoor training ride where I’m doing intervals and I know I’ll have some hills so i will use lap np
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a lezyne super gps. For intervalls on hills I use the lap average power data field. This data field was not always there but since an software update (I think in 2019) I use it. On uphill sections it should be close to np.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no issues from a hardware standpoint with Lezyne but the software/integration side of things is poor. I have never been able to get my micro GPS to calibrate my power meter. It always gives a failure to connect error even though its clearly connected and my Garmin watch has no issues initiating the re-calibration. In terms of data fields the whole system feels stuck in a very inflexible and regimented manner.

They clearly licence very specific things from Training Peaks in terms of power and Kamoot in terms of navigation because they say so on their website. My guess is they then implement exactly what they licence in a very straight forward manner which leads to oddities like not being able to add NP as a lap field. I also can't overlay data on a map field on my unit but I think this has been altered in newer units. In their defense though whatever they are doing keeps the price down and they are great units for the price. You need to get pretty advanced before starting to run into significant limitations.
Quote Reply
Re: anybody using lezyne bike computer? [marcrie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcrie wrote:
I use a lezyne super gps. For intervalls on hills I use the lap average power data field. This data field was not always there but since an software update (I think in 2019) I use it. On uphill sections it should be close to np.

Ideally it shouldn’t be far off. It would just be nice to have lap np.
Quote Reply
Re: anybody using lezyne bike computer? [daustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Mega C. It has everything, including normalized power and the battery lasts FOREVER. Great computer.
Quote Reply