Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

any places rent power meters via mail order?
Quote | Reply
This is a big shot in the dark, I assume most people who want to use power actually own power meters and there isn't really a market for rental power meters. I have a powertap wheel, but am taking a trip overseas (with wife and son) and it's not super practical to bring it along with everything else we're bringing. Was hoping to rent some power meter pedals, maybe this will serve as impetus to sell my powertap and go pedal based (although maybe arguable that a powertap would be better than left-only power pedals). Anyhow, if anyone has any leads feel free to share!
Quote Reply
Re: any places rent power meters via mail order? [pgp128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any store with a 1 year return policy.

Left only pedals from a powertap wheel would definitely be a downgrade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a quart and a power tap wheel set. Don’t need them this year at all.

Out of curiousity, what would you be willing to pay and for how long?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy a new set of two-sided pedals and sell them (if you remember) when you get back home. The difference will be your rental cost.
Quote Reply
Re: any places rent power meters via mail order? [gregf83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this. or sell the wheel with the hub if you prefer the pedals
Quote Reply
Re: any places rent power meters via mail order? [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rich_m wrote:
this. or sell the wheel with the hub if you prefer the pedals

I've thought about it, for sure, but an upside of powertap at the moment is that I can use it on both my road bike and cross bike (it's a fairly robust wheel, velocity a23 rim and I believe 32 spokes). My cx bike has an fsa gossamer crankset, so maybe I could get a used stages fsa crank arm (I believe they would be compatible).

Buying and reselling is definitely an option, I'll try and not use my prime membership for a temporary rental/return lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm actually upgrading from my single sided BePro to 2 sided power. I haven't decided if I'm going to sell the bepro's yet but I don't need them for the next couple months. Depending on your location and need dates we may be able to work out a deal that works for both of us. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
Quote Reply