Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

any experience with or knowledge of CORIMA aero wheel??
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at these wheels (model is called "aero"). the price is not too bad for carbon. does anyone have any experience with them or knowledge of them, or know of any reviews I could read. thanks much

Chip
Quote Reply
Re: any experience with or knowledge of CORIMA aero wheel?? [chip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I guess no one has anything to say so I've done my own research and will answer my own question for those who may be interested.

Seems the corima aeros have had a problem with the mold and they have had a tendency to cut into tubulars; have needed to be sanded down to prevent this from occurring. Have spoken with one of the bike mechanics at IMUSA and said saw several athhletes with recurrent flats running these wheels and he has done some of the sanding down in his shop. Corima apparently not great on customer service in terms of needing to ship wheel to France, get shipped back etc at least as compared to say Zipp ,Hed, reynolds.

FWIW
Quote Reply
Re: any experience with or knowledge of CORIMA aero wheel?? [chip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man! I was just about to say that.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry was out of town to race. I have an "Aero" Front, have been racing on it for 3 years now. Not a single problem, holds true well, no flats or any problems with the carbon or the hub. I am extremely happy with my Corimas.

Mike
Quote Reply