Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

and the Crankarm Length Saga continues- Food for Thought
Quote | Reply

thoughts?

My YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/ksquaredcycling
Time RXR Super Record | Cipollini Bond Campgnolo EPS | Specialized Shiv TT SWorks Super Record | Colnago C59 SR-EPS | Colnago EPS Super Record | Colnago Prestige Ui2
Quote Reply
Re: and the Crankarm Length Saga continues- Food for Thought [EmoryDPTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't get what point he was trying to make there. Yes, tangential velocity increases with radius at constant angular velocity. Is he secretly working with TomA so Tom can *again* copy and paste his "tangential foot speed/dependent variable" speech?
Last edited by: trail: Sep 7, 19 7:47
Quote Reply
Re: and the Crankarm Length Saga continues- Food for Thought [EmoryDPTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Choose a crank arm length that doesn't result in too closed a hip angle. Other than that it's not important.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this question has been asked and answered.

If your PED is steroids, use big cranks at low RPM.

If your PED is EPO, or you need to maximize the efficiency of your motor, use short cranks at high RPM.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Food for thought?...I don't think he wants to know what I'm thinking :-/

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: and the Crankarm Length Saga continues- Food for Thought [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
this question has been asked and answered.

If your PED is steroids, use big cranks at low RPM.

If your PED is EPO, or you need to maximize the efficiency of your motor, use short cranks at high RPM.

🤣
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EmoryDPTT wrote:
https://youtu.be/RdBDNiJno2Q

thoughts?

I still think the right answer comes down to your power to cd ratio. The correct answer is the one that maximizes this number through both optimal power transfer and optimal aero.

It is not a maxamize/minimize relationship, and everyone will be different. So there will never be true consensus. But going blind, i would take a lower cd over slightly more power... simply due to the laws of physics at high speed on a bike.
Last edited by: Rocket_racing: Sep 7, 19 13:25
Quote Reply
Re: and the Crankarm Length Saga continues- Food for Thought [Mario S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mario S wrote:
Choose a crank arm length that doesn't result in too closed a hip angle. Other than that it's not important.

^^^^
Quote Reply
Re: and the Crankarm Length Saga continues- Food for Thought [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I don't get what point he was trying to make there. Yes, tangential velocity increases with radius at constant angular velocity. Is he secretly working with TomA so Tom can *again* copy and paste his "tangential foot speed/dependent variable" speech?

You realize the OP is the one in the video?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: and the Crankarm Length Saga continues- Food for Thought [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

You realize the OP is the one in the video?

No, I didn't realize that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EmoryDPTT wrote:
https://youtu.be/RdBDNiJno2Q

thoughts?

Why don’t you just tell us what you actually think instead of trying to get clicks/views on your YouTube channel....

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Sep 7, 19 13:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Troll. Do you really hold a DPT? My GF's daughter is a DPT, so it pains me so say this, but the absolute worst fit I ever saw done was by a DPT.
Last edited by: FatandSlow: Sep 8, 19 6:14
Quote Reply