Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

aerosuit with a long zipper
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if there is a men's sleeved tri suit out there that has a zipper that goes down low enough so that you can pee without having to take the top off? It's honestly a pain in the butt during the full IM. I had to go after 16 miles in Arizona and wasted a good minute pulling the sleeves off and pushing the arms through them back on - ie whatever the trisuit saved me on the bike was probably negated during the struggle with it just to go take a leak.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuit with a long zipper [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My BioRacer suit unzips about 3 inches below my belly button.
I’d post pics, but NSFW.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The De Soto Flysuits have a little fly, so you don't have to mess with the zipper at all. Pure genius.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the suggestions we made to several manufacturers is having a full zip with a top that's connected in the back and wears more like a 2 piece in the front. This makes peeing easy.

The other thing I'd suggest is just walk and pee on yourself when in the race instead of wrestling with your suit.

Check out suits like Kiwami spider or Coure for what I'm talking about though on the split

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many brands offer the style where it is basically a shirt and shorts stitched together which allow for this. Castelli, Roka (I think), Kiwami, Ownway Apparel (custom)
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Nov 26, 19 13:26
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuit with a long zipper [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
The De Soto Flysuits have a little fly, so you don't have to mess with the zipper at all. Pure genius.

Why there are any other posts or recommendations in this thread is beyond me. The DeSoto Flisuit wins this contest easily.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scody and Kiwami LD2 are two that I know of...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OwnWay suits have a full zip that go low enough to pee without taking the top off.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuit with a long zipper [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because as much as as I love the idea of the flisuit and De Soto products have their place in my lot of training gear, the quality and comfort of the material in my Ownway Apparel Trisuit is far superior than a Riviera Trisuit and zipping down to the waist and then back up while running is pretty easy. So if the OP is simply looking for absolute easiest pee solution, the flisuit is likely it. But if OP wants an overall better quality (and probably faster) Trisuit with still good bathroom options (in fact better bathroom options if #2 is needed), then other brands offer what I think are more compelling options.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Nov 27, 19 6:30
Quote Reply
Re: aerosuit with a long zipper [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good recommendations. Order Kiwami and Roka suits, let's see how they work out.

Thanks all!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply