Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
aero bento boxes
Quote | Reply
Any other places to buy other than trek, or are their similar bento boxes to the botanger one for the trek speed concept?
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://darkspeedworks.com/sp480D.htm

Panabax

We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.—Robert Wilensky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [Panabax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Panabax wrote:

^^That^^ Got mine last week, fits great, looks sleek, will no doubt make me seconds faster over 56 miles ;)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Any other places to buy other than trek, or are their similar bento boxes to the botanger one for the trek speed concept?

As others have posted, yes, we make a good pack that will bolt to the bosses on your speed concept. And here's a pic of a Speedpack 480D mounted on an impressive 7-series speed concept:

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got a dark speed works box last week and am *very* pleased with the quality, look, and detail. I know it's just a bento box but i've been raving about it since i got it.

-Jason
Quote | Reply
When is the 483 coming out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had a bag from Fuel Belt for a few years. Aero and fits what I need it to fit (flat kit). If I could do it again, I would go Dark Speed works because he is on the forum all the time. No comments on DSW quality, but my Fuel Belt one has held up great.

-- Aaron Davidson
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
483! we want it! (or at least a pic of it!)
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [hankscorpio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hankscorpio wrote:
When is the 483 coming out?

We planned to have the Speedpack 483 out late this month, but it looks like it will be just a couple more weeks. All is good on our end, but we're waiting on some tooling. But the delay should be minor, more details on our most recent update on our facebook page.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
Panabax wrote:

^^That^^ Got mine last week, fits great, looks sleek, will no doubt make me seconds faster over 56 miles ;)

My sweetie and I are both more than satisfied customers, great product!!!!!

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see some pics and hear what makes it different than the 480.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Darkspeedworks x4
Great product and support - they contacted me to let me know of a free enhancement
I hadn't complained or anything, was completely satisfied with the "unenhanced" version
Even more satisfied now of course
Terrific company
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vikingmd wrote:
I'd like to see some pics and hear what makes it different than the 480.

Same here. Looking to buy one. Not sure if I want to pick up a 480 or wait for the 483. However, not sure what I am waiting for. More info would help. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
btmoney wrote:
483! we want it! (or at least a pic of it!)

It's not a great photo, but here is pic of a prototype Speedpack 483 after undergoing some testing on a 'test mule' bike. Note, of course, that the pack is designed for a horizontal top tube, as is on most TT and tri bikes. (And we'll have better hi-res photos up on our website right after the 483's release.)

--
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [caf0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darkspeedworks x5

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so is the 483 basically the same as the old one except without the front stem straps, or is there something different about the attachment?
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [art] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
art wrote:
so is the 483 basically the same as the old one except without the front stem straps, or is there something different about the attachment?

Thanks for asking.

No, the Speedpack 483 has a totally different shape, it's designed to sit right in the airflow with a minimal aero penalty (the Speedpack 480 is meant to 'hide'--aerodynamically--behind your stem, so it has more of a 'truncated' front). But the 483 has a full aero profile, actually directly derived from a NACA low-drag symmetrical airfoil.

But the main thing about the 483 is that it's pretty much the only aero bento-type pack in existence that's able to securely mount to tri "superbikes", new-generation TT bikes without standard stems. So the strap system on the 483 is different, it's a new system that holds on to your top tube with zero rotation or slipping. Here is some text from our description of the Speedpack 483 (it's not yet on our website, but it will be very soon):

"The Speedpack 483 is our newest aero top tube-mounted fuel and gear pack. With it's versatile advanced mounting system, the 483 will fit nearly any bike on the road. But the real advantage of the Speedpack 483 is that it's designed especially for new-generation superbikes with proprietary or integrated stem/aerobar systems. The Speedpack 483's advanced new strap system allows the pack to mount securely to your top tube without attaching to a stem or steerer tube. And the pack's full aero profile minimizes aero drag, even without hiding behind a conventional stem.

The Speedpack 483 is also a great choice if your tri bike has aero cable routing, cabling that enters the frame right behind the stem. The Speedpack 483 can mount anywhere on your top tube behind the cables and it's new strap system means that you won't need to route any straps around your cables or your steerer tube. And since the Speedpack 483 doesn't need to attach to a stem, the 483 is also a great choice if you run a slammed or super low stem and just don't have the real estate to run straps around your steerer."

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
which holds more?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response! I already own the old one and use it on my road bike. Really enjoy the product! My only complaint is that the velcro hooks sometimes scrape the inside of my knee a bit. Bit it works extremely well. I keep one of those Park Tools MT-1 multitools inside between the inner hard plastic liner and the outer fabric. Fits perfectly and is always easy to get to!

Looking forward to the release of the 483 for use on the Shiv Tri!
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Speedpack 480 = approx 480cc.

The Speedpack 483 = approx 483cc. It's narrower, a tiny bit lower, and more tapered than the 480, but its also about 1" longer.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any dates on when the new packs are coming out?

thx :)

Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [juliegruns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juliegruns wrote:
any dates on when the new packs are coming out?

thx :)

Hurry!!! Damn it!!! :)-
-
-

Please forgive typo's and poor grammer. Most posting performed on my not so smart phone.
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [Panabax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your quote makes me laugh every time. The more you repeat a bad joke the funnier it gets.
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [jasondubose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jasondubose wrote:
got a dark speed works box last week and am *very* pleased with the quality, look, and detail. I know it's just a bento box but i've been raving about it since i got it.

huge x2 on this

-------
http://www.y-rocket.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next