Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: aero bars and pacelines don't go together [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
While I still agree that aero bars are not to be used in a group, I do think that odds are quite high that even with a road bike in the mix, the accident would still occur. I've been in 3 similar incidents in the past 2 years, none of which involved aerobars, and not too aggressive riding.

I know on a roadie forum, everyone would pin ALL the blame on the aerobars, but while I think they certainly add to the risk, I do think it would be incorrect to attribute most of the risk to the aerobars - more often than not, in a fast line, things do happen even without the bars.

I'm a "roadie" and pin the blame on the riders. All the same. I don't understand why people freak at aerobars. Use the appropriately, within your skill level. I've done plenty of TTTs and know it's possible to use them safely, if done with skill and focus. Like not being on them in the middle of a line unless you know the road and are confident with the other riders.

The problem is too many people use aerobars at the wrong times, or with too much weight on them for the road conditions they're riding in.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Last edited by: jt10000: Sep 8, 11 8:20
Quote Reply
Re: aero bars and pacelines don't go together [ian10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ian10 wrote:
When my roadie friend posted that link to Facebook, I asked if a "small ring" meant a 53 tooth instead of a 54

#COTDnomination
Quote Reply
Re: aero bars and pacelines don't go together [eep2024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and in a road race, i'll attack every time there is a bad road surface. i guess i'm exploiting the fact that i have good bike handling skills and others don't, perhaps i trained them better? in the same sense i would suggest anyone that is faster than your fellow racer to slow down, because it's unfair that you are faster......

i learned a long time ago that we ALL race the same course. it's our own job to get around it as fast as possible.

nobody EVER pointed out shit when i was racing motorcycles? they didn't signal when they were turning or stopping or if they were running over a guy in front of them.

i guess all those guys were dicks too......... i should have never raced with them either.

Tim
Quote Reply

Prev Next