Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: advantage of Torhans vs BTA [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The clearance is pretty tight. I run 22mm Conti Attacks, which gives me a bit more, but the under side of the bottle has been smoothed due to some wheel rub over bumps.

But the new Scott Plasma and old nose-cone Shiv wrap around the tire very tightly. So there has to be something to it ;)

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: advantage of Torhans vs BTA [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
The clearance is pretty tight. I run 22mm Conti Attacks, which gives me a bit more, but the under side of the bottle has been smoothed due to some wheel rub over bumps.

But the new Scott Plasma and old nose-cone Shiv wrap around the tire very tightly. So there has to be something to it ;)

THAT is a really good point! This may take a bit of tinkering but I am determined to make it work!

Thanks!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: advantage of Torhans vs BTA [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But now the question is how did you mod this (originally made for) Felt bottle in there? Is that a custom holder?
Quote Reply
Re: advantage of Torhans vs BTA [Baboonator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made it custom :)

My soldering iron is very tired and used now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have success with the VR set up on a 2014 Speed Concept?
Quote Reply
Re: advantage of Torhans vs BTA [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? That's a very large marginal gain. What I don't get is if that sort of the shape at the front end saves so much why aren't be seeing drag/yaw charts for the Plasma 5 showing it beats everything?
Quote Reply
Re: advantage of Torhans vs BTA [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim, is it because of firms tending to want to keep head tubes within UCI limits that there's not been an evolution towards that p5-3 & Torhans sort of shape at the front?
Quote Reply
Re: advantage of Torhans vs BTA [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also considering an Aero20.. Do you know if there will be a problem installing on the Pro Missile Evo bar/extensions?

The bar's stem extends pretty far and I'm not sure the Aero20 can fit without really placing the bottle far forward.. here's a pic of the bars:

Last edited by: 125mph: Jun 21, 15 19:04
Quote Reply
Re: advantage of Torhans vs BTA [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can indeed install an Aero 20 on the Pro missile bars. However, you need to place the Aeromount between the extensions and not on top of. Make a 'U' with the mount, wings up. Also, since the missile extensions are not round placing extra foam, rubber, straw tubing etc. between the extensions and mounted is needed.

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ted Striker wrote:
The current Aero 20s and Aero 30s have barbed collars so the aero masts are basically fixed on there. New Aero 20s and Aero 30s will be out late summer. Details on these coming in about a month.

Hi Ted,

Just wanted to follow-up, any news about these new and improved aero 30s? My take on your post is that they will fit better on integrated bikes like the P5-6. Is that it? If so, why are you waiting so long to take my monies?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ted, have you considered extending the lower portion of the Aero30 more so that it can get closer to head tubes? Or provide a plastic wrap piece which can be cut to size...I've been thinking of just wrapping a piece of plastic around the bottom of the Aero30 until it is almost touching the head tube.

Ted Striker wrote:
The current Aero 20s and Aero 30s have barbed collars so the aero masts are basically fixed on there. New Aero 20s and Aero 30s will be out late summer. Details on these coming in about a month.
Quote Reply
Re: advantage of Torhans vs BTA [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can say they have at least thought about it. I have no clue if they are going to incorporate it or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it about closeness to stem or the head tube? Are the watts savings gained by just getting as close to possible to the stem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Close to headtube.

You are essentially making a deeper airfoil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Zach, this is what I thought. I'm thinking I can just buy a piece of black thin plastic, cut it, wrap it around the torhans and extend the lower part of the torhans bottle as close as I want to the head tube :)

zachboring wrote:
Close to headtube.

You are essentially making a deeper airfoil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Potentially. Obviously it is not sure fire faster as you will likely change the shape of the Torhans shape.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
while we are on the subject of the torhans - i have the 20 - what is this sponge method that keeps it from splashing?
Quote Reply
Re: advantage of Torhans vs BTA [Baboonator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[
Hi Ted,

Just wanted to follow-up, any news about these new and improved aero 30s? My take on your post is that they will fit better on integrated bikes like the P5-6. Is that it? If so, why are you waiting so long to take my monies?[/quote]
The shape of the 20 and 30 will stay the same. However, that isn't to say we won't do another integrated vertical bottle in the future. The changes with the 20 and 30 are an entirely new fill door making the unit fully sealed. Similar to the AeroZ. Also a bite valve, much longer straws.

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the new lid going to be transferable to the old units? Anticipated release timeframe/goal?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes they will be. ETA is a Kona launch.

Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Re: advantage of Torhans vs BTA [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was able to get my aero30 bottle cut down and pretty close to the head tube (just over a half inch). My question is whether this is going to be more aero than a BTA solution and or how much savings am I potentially looking at here? Are there some things I could clean up?[/img][/img][/img]
Quote Reply
Re: advantage of Torhans vs BTA [jsamples53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a cervelo p2. I'm interested in the aero 30 but am not the type of person to start welding, exacto
Knifing etc. can I still get this close enough to headset to get that watt savings?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ted Striker wrote:
Yes they will be. ETA is a Kona launch.

Hans

Hi Hans,

Any updates on the Aero20/30 sealed top?

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: advantage of Torhans vs BTA [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, in testing and production. Will be available before start of 2016 season.

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ted Striker wrote:
Yes, in testing and production. Will be available before start of 2016 season.

What's the story with the new Aero 30 bottle that doesn't leak? Was this ever released?
Quote Reply

Prev Next