Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

about NC - Greensboro?
Quote | Reply
following the other thread...
training routes on bike and run?
swimming facilities?
movie theaters? restaurants? (don't care for stuff for singles :-) )
racing scene?
tips?

feel free to email if you do not want yet an other NC thread...
Quote Reply
Re: about NC - Greensboro? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  I live in Winston-Salem, NC and can only tell you about the bike ride. If you have a car, take I-40 west and go north on 52 to Pilot Mountain State Park (about a 2 mile climb of 10% grade to the top). You can take the exit named Pinnacle and park at the gas station there, and start your ride from there too. Pilot mountain is about 2-4 miles away from the gas station. From Pilot Mountain you can go to Hanging Rock which is abit longer but not as steep compared to Pilot Mountain. If driving is not an option, you can most definitely bike from Greensboro to Hanging Rock then to Pilot Mountain. You might want to check out www.cyclesdeoro.com and ask them about the route from Greensboro to Pilot Mt, or other routes they ride. Let me know if you have any other questions. - Wei
Quote Reply
Re: about NC - Greensboro? [wchinchen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lived outside of it and trained w/a few guys who lived there. Are you moving? BTW it will rain for three days in a row in the winter

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois,

I am also in Winston-Salem (25 miles away) - what do you really want to know? I have been doing triathlons here for over 20 years. I believe it is the triathlon and Ironman epicenter of the East Coast!!! Great biking!!! You can run and swim anywhere.

Let me know if I can help you.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a good list of resources at the Triad Tri Team Web site:

http://www.triadtriteam.com/resources/resources_index.htm

Find places to swim in North Carolina at the US Masters Swimming Web site:

http://www.usms.org/placswim/placswimform.php?page=41&City=&State=&LMSCID=13

I live 50 miles away in Durham, so the racing scene is the same as mine. It's dominated by Set-Up Inc. races--more than 40 of them in the Carolinas this year--but Triad Tri Team and other clubs and organizations also put on a large number of events. From April through mid-October, it's possible to race just about every weekend, sometimes more than once.

Depending on where you are in Greensboro, you might want to head east/southeast on the bike toward Orange County (Chapel Hill). The Dairyland area is some of the nicest ride around, but don't miss Snow Camp, Simpsonville and other rural hot spots. Cyclists are numerous in these areas, and motorists are relatively used to us being on the road.

David
Quote Reply