Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
a girls perspective.....
Quote | Reply
Yesterday my fiance told me there was a discussion on this forum about men who had lost the special woman in their life, and it turned into somewhat of a "Dear Abby" column. I'm not Abby, but I may have some valuable advice for you. Let me start by telling you a few things about women. First, women need attention-- lots of it. We need to feel like we are the number one thing in your life. When your mate sees you spending three times as much time and energy with other things, it does not make her feel very important to you. If a woman does not feel like she is getting your attention, it is likely that she may try to get someone else's attention. Not because she doesn't love you, but because she doesn't feel loved. Second, words are not enough. You can tell us we are beautiful and wonderful. You can tell us you love us, but until you show us we will not fully believe it. Like the song says," What would you do if I took those words from you and you couldn't make things new just by saying I love you." If you were not able to say, "I love you" or "I think you are sexy"... would she know how you felt anyway because of your actions? We need to FEEL sexy, desirable, needed, wanted, and even craved. When you seem more interested in reading a sports magazine, or the posts on this forum than responding to our "advances", do you think that makes us feel very desirable? Third, we like to know that you are thinking about us even when we are not with you. Like right now... you obviously have some spare time on your hands because you are on the computer. What if you took about 60 seconds to EMail your mate and tell her you are thinking about her... or better yet, tell her you are thinking about how great she looks naked. Do you realize that in that 60 seconds you have put a big smile on her face and made her whole day. Get off this computer and write her a love letter, bring a coke to her at work and tell her you really just wanted to see her for a few minutes. (My fiance does this and it brightens even the dreariest of days), call her for no reason; let her know that there is something else on your mind besides your sport. We are very proud of you and all your accomplishments in your sport. I personally try to be very supportive and go to every race(even races on OU football game days). It's not the sport that makes us crazy... it's the obsession. Keep in mind WE ADORE YOU, and all we want is to FEEL (that's the key word) like you adore us, too. Remember, people are more important than things... treat them that way and they are yours for life.
Quote Reply
Re: a girls perspective..... [tri2fly's girl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"women need attention-- lots of it. We need to feel like we are the number one thing in your life."

Pleeezze. Stop. You're beginning to sound like my wife.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here! Here! You go girl! Keep reminding us idiots! You are right. I found that my wife is the greatest thing in the whole world to me! She also loves it when she finds out by accident that I have bragged about her,so I brag to everyone all the time. My e-mail is KenLuvsJody@ so there is never a mistake
Quote Reply
a WOMAN's perspective.... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>Let me start by telling you a few things about women.<<

Please don't presume to speak for all women, especially the sexy, desirable tri women (not girls) who do post on this forum.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I try to hope that this sort of shallowness is not becoming more pervasive in our society.....but I fear I am wrong...

Woman need attention...oh puhleeze

It's like you are saying you need men (or any partner) to affirm your own existence

Your sisters put up with a lot of crap so you could move beyond this mindset....you might want to study your history!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell me why men need to spend so much time and energy in making a woman feel needed. The more you give them the less they appreciate it, in general. Of course there are excpetions to every rule. But in general women are uncomfortable with men lavishing them with constant attention. If you ladies want to be treated as equals, then your going to be treated as equals. It's that simple.

BTW- Who cares who Lance is banging? The more the merrier. He is a single man now and should enjoy every minute of it.
Quote Reply
Re: a WOMAN's perspective.... [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup.

But this post makes me think I've been meeting men with an inner women or something lately since the last couple of guys I dated were that needy. :-\
Quote Reply
Re: a girls perspective..... [da5511] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
But in general women are uncomfortable with men lavishing them with constant attention. I think they're very comfortable with it, provided it's the right guy who's lavishing the attention.
Quote Reply
Re: a girls perspective..... [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats the problem. Most women in general dont have the right guy or if they do, they sabotage thier realtionships becuase they feel uncomfortable with excessive attention. PLEASE NOTE: I cant say "in general" enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think what she had to say is a good general guideline. And I certainly hope you aren't including yourself in the "sexy, desirable, tri women" category. Cuz from what I've heard and seen in race photos, you certainly shouldn't be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmmm...this sounds familiar...

i got dumped b/c she was "nolonger my #1 priority"

damn women are SO demanding!!!!

(i decided after 2.5 years of her being everything, i wanted to do other things in my life as well...ie Ironman)

-kevin

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: a WOMAN's perspective.... [A in Fl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's nice, asshole. Do you always assume that there's only one view in matters of taste and opinion?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, what the F__! Go take your shit elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a stone nearby you can crawl under ? Wanker !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cathy be nice! She is just trying to help. Not all women like sweaty cavemen like you do.;)

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with quite a bit of what you said-mainly to treat your woman well and be conciencious. But honestly a lot of what you describe a woman "needs" so that they don't go off finding another guy is pretty sad...the description sounds more like a child that when they don't get enough attention they storm off. With that kind of depth of loyalty and maturity...well it would be better to let her go REALLY fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

snarks!
so if what men want are women who are NOT high-maintenance, I guess this puts us all at an impasse....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow, despite the backlash, I want to thank you "tri2fly's girl". Nothing new in what you said, but a good reminder. My girl is more important to me than my sport and sometimes I need to be reminded of that. I thank you for that.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude,

That's cold and uncalled for. What the hell were you thinking. That has got to be the most offensive thing I think I have ever read on this site, and I've seen some nasty stuff.
Quote Reply
bunnyman's counterpoint [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had the unique experience of being the only straight man in an otherwise all-female environment. I am on marriage #2, and until I can keep this thing together for 10+ years, I cannot give marriage advice.

I have been the all-attentive rabbit in the past. Sometimes it gets you very far, sometimes one takes total advantage of it, and sometimes they will feel totally smothered. It depends on the woman. One thing I HAVE found is that somebody in the pair will end up feeling that they have given more than the other, and that's where the over-attentive stage ends.

Both partners will take each other for granted after awhile, that is a given. The friendship thing really needs to take hold, because peoples' needs change, especially when maturity takes over. Sometime in life, a need for independence takes over. And there are sometimes, you can't show someone how beautiful they are either because of a medical problem or mental problem on either half.

Now, do I let Mrs. bunnyman fend for herself? Of course not. She can't/won't even fill her own gas tank, or kill spiders. I drive her to work on my day off, as we don't get lots of time together. But, she is becoming a bit more independent, as she needs to. The statistics are not good for rabbits who regularly play on or near the road.

But, when she goes on about whether or not I should quit racing, I tell her this simple answer: "Mrs. bunnyman, I love you tons, but if you take this racing away from me, then I will in turn become the nastiest, meanest rabbit I can be. You will take away the part of my spirit that makes me the rabbit you love. I have divorced Mrs. bunnyman #1 over not letting me have my independence, and I am enough of my own person that I am not afraid to divorce you, as much as I do love you."

Am I advocating continuing on with life on the bike 15 hrs a week, running ten hours a week, swimming five hours a week, and working 50 hours per week, and going out for post group run beer until 3 a.m. every Wednesday? Absolutely not. But balance is what the doctor calls for.Train16-20 hrs per week? Sure, especially if it does not cut into together time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, you are a sexy, desirable tri woman.

Three cheers for Cathy!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did I turn you down recently??

FYI---I am quite secure in my sexiness and desirableness. Obviously, the A in A in Fl stands for Asshole or perhaps Anxious, about your own relationship.

Big hugs to all the real men--Pooks, Bunnyman, John K., Blacksheep, Tri-ing, CJ, etc.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HUH!
Quote Reply
Re: a girls perspective..... [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apparently firestorms are not limited to California . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you and all tri-women are SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next