Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

a different saddle question..
Quote | Reply
How do you position your saddle? I don't mean forward or rearward- I mean do you set up your saddle parallel to the ground and perfectly centered? With a slight downward tilt? Upward tilt? Pointing slightly to the left or right? I raced tri's last season w/my saddle tilted ever so slightly downward at the front but kept my road bike saddle parallel. A friend of mine tilts his quite a bit downward. I also know someone who has his tilted noticeably upward.

Does anyone know if this aspect of saddle orientation affects performance? Is it simply a comfort issue or can this affect power, cadence, muscle recruitment, knee ligaments, etc...I have heard that some people point their saddles a tad to one side to relieve chode pressure...anyone tried this?
Last edited by: jaylew: Jan 28, 03 21:36
Quote Reply
Re: a different saddle question.. [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
forward or backwards has huge implications for fit... It all depends on where it has to be for your proper fit.

Generally you should aim to have the saddle perfectly level... down you slide foward, up and you crush your nads.
Quote Reply
Re: a different saddle question.. [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Generally you should aim to have the saddle perfectly level... down you slide forward, up and you crush your nads.[/reply]

Except the Selle San Marco Triathlete gel. I didn't feel comfortable when I put the saddle level (nose and rear on same hight). After I read Tom's review about the saddle, I put the nose (front half) level. The rear is now a little bit higher. This made the Azoto more comfortable.

See:[url] http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/reviews/azoto.shtml[/url]

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Re: a different saddle question.. [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Except the Selle San Marco Triathlete gel. I didn't feel comfortable when I put the saddle level (nose and rear on same hight). After I read Tom's review about the saddle, I put the nose (front half) level. The rear is now a little bit higher. This made the Azoto more comfortable.

This is about what I had to do.
Quote Reply