Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

a 59 tequilo, dan?
Quote | Reply
i assume that's the same as the size large that is listed on the qr site? the new ones in size large have a 58cm top tube while the size 59 '06 has a 57cm top tube.

i know you've said you like a shorter top tube than most people your size.. what size stem were you running on that tequilo and what was the cockpit distance? the way it looks set up i would've thought it would've been too long. what's your torso/height ratio?

i was debating an 06 tequilo or kilo (on closeout) instead of the dual, but went with the dual because of the lifetime warranty. how would you say the two stack up against one another?
Quote Reply
Re: a 59 tequilo, dan? [$2/chuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2007 Large (59 as Dan says) Tequilo has a 56cm top tube. QR has a misprint on it's site.

The cockpit is almost exactly the same as the 2006 59 (at same relative seat angle). The front center is bigger because of a slacker headtube and raked fork.

Quake
Quote Reply
Re: a 59 tequilo, dan? [$2/chuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"i know you've said you like a shorter top tube than most people your size.. what size stem were you running on that tequilo and what was the cockpit distance?"

yes, actually a 58cm is the proper size. i'll change the write-up to reflect that.

i was running a 10cm stem. the bike was a very nice fit, and an eminently rideable bike. as i attempted to indicate, my beefs were the little things. were i to buy this bike i'd niggle the retailer on replacement stuff. i'd pay the full list price, but get the brake levers, maybe the tires, maybe the saddle swapped out, hopefully for little or no upcharge.

but if this was my bike i'd probably yank all the cables and tape off and just rewrap and reroute everything, greasing everything, grease all the threads in the frame, try to maximize it.

you're asking about the kilo versus the dual. i'll be offering something similar within the week. i'm road testing the p2sl, and i'm going to do sort of a comparison of the two.

also, i'm road testing an elite razor and one of the scott plasmas, and i'm going to do a comparison of these two. my taint's taking a bit of a beating, because i'm on all these different tri saddles on these bikes, but i'm soldiering on for my reading audience :-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply