Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

time lost w/o a disc and Blue triad EX wheelcover/disc fit
Quote | Reply
I built a tt bike this year, went the cheap route, and ended up with a blue triad ex. Discovered my 404/wheelcover does not fit (rubs the seat stays). Three questions:

1) can you make the wheelcover fit? I tried taping down to the spokes, but it ended lumpy and didn't seem like it would hold. Will a different wheel covered be a better option?

2) will something like a Renn disc or this work? http://bit.ly/1pZCFIX (feel free to pm me if you have something that will work, but FYI I'm keeping it budget).

3) am I splitting hairs here? What's the time lost over 40k for a disc vs uncovered 404 FC?

Powered by Dalzell Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: time lost w/o a disc and Blue triad EX wheelcover/disc fit [jsiege11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am curious if others have been able to get a wheelcover to fit in a Blue Triad (or Scott Plasma as it has similar spacing constraints I believe). I tried a standard wheelcover and a Dyma and no luck getting it to fit with a Enve 65 without rubbing on the chainstay. Would love to put my mind at ease that I am only giving up 15 seconds over 40k at 25mph with a 65mm deep wheel vs a disc, but not sure that is true.

Anyone with input and curious if the OP found information on the question?
Quote Reply
Re: time lost w/o a disc and Blue triad EX wheelcover/disc fit [jsiege11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm curious if you ever got this (or anything) to work. I have a 2010 Triad, before they made the back end wider, and would love to get a wheel cover if it works.

My PowerTap is built into a non-aero wheel, so the time difference is way more!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never mind the chart that Jack posted. As usual the company who writes the chart is the fastest. Look at what they wrote under the chart;

"Disc cover performance is virtually identical to disc wheels through the entire range of yaw angles: 0-30 degrees."

Get the Renn 555. You won't be giving anything away

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: time lost w/o a disc and Blue triad EX wheelcover/disc fit [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure I follow you. I wasn't asking cover vs disc, I was curious about uncovered 404 vs disc.

Fwiw, I found a used renn 575 a while ago.