Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
the GREATEST has retired!!!!!!!!
Quote | Reply
Hawaii Ironwhatever who cares.

The greatest race car driver ever, Michael Schumacher, has retired. 7 F1 championships, 2 more than Fangio. Three titles in a row. Say what you want about some of his more controversial moves in races, year after year after year, he drove better than the best.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: the GREATEST has retired!!!!!!!! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Juan Fangio deserves that accolade, but this is Lavender room material, Brian.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hawaii Ironwhatever who cares.

The greatest race car driver ever, Michael Schumacher, has retired. 7 F1 championships, 2 more than Fangio. Three titles in a row. Say what you want about some of his more controversial moves in races, year after year after year, he drove better than the best.
If you are interested in joining, F1 Racing.net has great things to say on this topic.

http://iron-boom.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was there a tri yesterday...?

Ahh Yes Brian....you are correct....Micheals last drive was in fact a great one....starting 10th , then puncturing....then coming through the field for 4th..that was awesome man...setting fast lap..and then skinning Kimi and Fisi in the last few laps, he was pushing till the end..that was a fabulous 90 minutes and will truly miss him. Its weird when you are watching great athletes in their final performance, I still remember watching M Jordan in that Finals game against Utah...(though he ended up coming back), also watching Lance in his last Tour. They'll be partying tonight in Brazil!! Thank You Micheal.!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
whos that? race car what?

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry to rain on your parade, but to call a quick little guy who has a lot of skill at pressing a little spring-loaded pedal with his foot ,and turning a little padded wheel to and fro (even if he does this while inside a very fast bathtub) "the greatest" is way off the mark in my book.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: the GREATEST has retired!!!!!!!! [Greg x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmmm try doing this for 1 lap at 1/2 their speed.
Quote Reply
Re: the GREATEST has retired!!!!!!!! [schumacher 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gosh, a party for fourth, eh! Think what the Massa's victory party or Alonso's party for winning the driver's championship.

Ah, Michael Schumacher, the exception to the rule that cheats never prosper.

Quote Reply
Re: the GREATEST has retired!!!!!!!! [trigeek.tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i make no claims that i could do exactly what m. schumacher or l. armstrong does/did.

but to compare these guys? their athletic ability, their sheer will, or pain tolerance?

simply no comparison.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope that you are not suggesting that Lance is the greatest? That belongs to Ali and he alone.

Quote Reply
Re: the GREATEST has retired!!!!!!!! [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, i do not dispute ali and his enormous skill, strength, wits, or political guts.

but i am not a big fan of a sport where one of the major elements of the contest of how many brain cells one can tolerate losing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK........blah, blah blah, blah......Fair enough
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you fail to see the strategy and art of boxing, but it would be a waste of my time to educate you in this matter so we should agree to differ.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no, i do appreciate and see the strategy and art of boxing. it is just i am no lover of sports that take such a massive toll on its very best competitors, like boxing. i can also lump in to this category american football, which has done its share of creating a good no. of young parapalegics, and worse.

no personal attack on ali or the athleticism of boxing meant.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I compare Michael to no one other than race car drivers. But now that he is retired the door opens for some younger talent to become the greatest race car driver ever. Any one with an infant? Buy them a go kart when they are 5.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair enough, Greg. I have to say that since the heyday of Ali, Foreman and Frasier boxing has become an event for the musclebound. As they became more overly musculated the skill and tactics have declined, the true art is alive in the weight divisions below welter or cruiserweight where the punches are for point scoring and not so much for inflicting physical damage.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The LR picked up on this quite a while ago:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...g=schumacher;#963639
Quote Reply
Re: the GREATEST has retired!!!!!!!! [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And that's why I hijacked it ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
sorry to rain on your parade, but to call a quick little guy who has a lot of skill at pressing a little spring-loaded pedal with his foot ,and turning a little padded wheel to and fro (even if he does this while inside a very fast bathtub) "the greatest" is way off the mark in my book.
He was called the greatest driver ever. Can you quote where in this thread he was compared to any other athlete in any other sport (prior to this post)?
Quote Reply
Re: the GREATEST has retired!!!!!!!! [sevans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the title!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i recall reading that an F1 driver's heartrate is like 160 for the duration of a 2-3 hour race. not to mention dealing with the insane noise and heat generated by an 800hp engine inches behind your head. Considering that a split second loss of focus could kill you and others, IMO that's pretty core.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Look at the title!
Reading a little bit more than the title will reveal that he is described as the greatest driver.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
his seat was too high!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Adam Savage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A Formula One driver needs astonishing concentration and reflexes, worthy of a great athlete, not to mention the skill and the cool-headed courage to do it right. I am no fan of anything mechanized, but these people are nonetheless astonishing. j

"I'm going to stick to my sardines" - Cassidy
"Others took their lemons and stood up and walked." - Kestrelkerri
"I will never know quite why I set out on the run. I guess because it was next." - Nachocheese
"No, just to people on the Forum. My athletes are the control group." - Paulo Sousa
" Actually, I am naturally an Asshole....not unlike the way you are naturally an idiot." IRONLOBO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched the Brazilian GP today. Not a storybook finish for Micheal, but a good race just the same.

He's made his place in history. What Lance was to the TDF, Shumacher was to F1.
Quote Reply

Prev Next