Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

surprise on my ride today
Quote | Reply
I usually have bad experience with cars on the road. Today in north kentucky a lady and her kid pulled up next to me while riding, and gave me a ice cold sealed bottle of water. I really needed it, everything i had was warm. This really made my ride. Glad to know not all drivers hate us.
Quote Reply
Re: surprise on my ride today [shelti4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great story. Years ago( 1970's), when I would go running in the rain out in the country near my cottage, almost every car that passed me would always slow down, stop and check to make sure I was OK. Did I need a lift anywhere? These days, no one does that!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gosh, about 25 years ago when I never carried tools, spare tubes, pump or nuttin', I flatted out in nowheresville. A 40ish year old woman, with her young son in the car stopped, stuffed my bike into the back seat of her car (a fairly nice & new vehicle at that), and took me home. What an angel!
Quote Reply
Re: surprise on my ride today [MaxVeeOhToo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That happened to me once. I flatted. Ok, I'll get my tube from my blowout bag. Shit, it's still in the garage. Next I'll try to call someone to get a ride. Damnit, my phone is in my car. I started walking to a gas station hoping to bum a ride off of someone. I asked this one person in a truck to give me a lift since I was 5 minutes from my house. They were on the phone and said they were late to work. Ok, I kept walking to the gas station down the street. When I got there, the person that was "late to work" was chatting a way in the parking lot. I put my bike up in front of the store and sat down waiting for someone in a truck to pull up. I was there for about 2 minutes before some guy and his girl in an Integra pulled up. They asked me what's wrong, I told them I had a flat and I needed a lift. The guy told me to put my car in the trunk and he'll take me there. I sat for a total of 2 minutes before I got some help. I was surprised.

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: surprise on my ride today [MaxVeeOhToo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two weeks ago one of our female HR managers was driving home and saw a "walking" biker. She drove him 30+ minutes out of her way. I thanked her for all cyclists.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of weeks ago, I was doing some pick-ups through a local county park. During a hard effort up a little incline, a guy in a pick-up pulled up to me and more or less paced me for what seemed to be 10-15 seconds. Seemed awfully weird, but I kept riding. Thinking I might get yelled at or used for some sort of target practice, I prepared for the worst. Then he yells through the open passenger window: "Nice job!! Keep going!" He then proceeded to give me 'speed updates' in mph for the next 30 seconds or so. Never saw the guy again...

Chasing The Big Race In The Sky
@C_Bright_Run
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just last week I was about 1 mile from home on a 90 minute run and a guy drove up and offered me a bottle of ice cold water!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I was riding home last week, it started to hail. I ditched under a bank drive-thru to wait it out and one of the trucks that was also waiting it out offered me a ride home. :cool:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I double flatted yesterday, hit a pothole in the shade, 5 1/2 miles from home on an out and back ride of 30 miles. I walked 3 miles, pushing the bike before someone stopped. It was two guys who had been mountain biking in Wayawanda. They were still mudded up, so I guess they didn't mind me still being all sweated up. I would guess, conservatively, that between 100 and 200 vehicles went by before these guys stopped.

May be if I looked like Ted?

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: surprise on my ride today [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ted never has to walk home because he never flats. And he never flats because he gets picked up by women as soon as he steps out the door. In fact, he can never get a ride in except when he stays on his trainer inside his locked home.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One day while I was out on a ride a lady and her kid pulled into a convenience store in front of me, causing me to hit the brakes and shout, "Watch out!" They must have felt bad, because later, they came up behind me, and offered me a powdered sugar donut. 'Course, the donut was going about 50 mph when it whizzed by me, but, hey, it's the thought that counts!
Quote Reply
Re: surprise on my ride today [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Qupte: "but, hey, it's the thought that counts!"

tri_bri2,

What a way you have with words! And giving them the benefit of the doubt no less!

I loved it. Thanks.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Quote Reply
Re: surprise on my ride today [Wants2rideFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple of years ago, I headed out one hot Saturday morning for a 10 mile run. About 3 miles from home, I stepped off the edge of the pavement, twisted my ankle and went down hard, skinning up both knees and an elbow. I managed to clean myself up in a sprinkler, and started limping back home, blood trickling down one leg. It was pretty early and there weren't many cars out, but about the third car I saw stopped and offered me a ride home. The guy didn't have any problem with my sweaty, dirty, bloody self on the leather seats in his Mercedes, he just wanted to make sure I was OK. He even offered to help me up the front steps to my house. Made me feel a little better about mankind in general.
Quote Reply