Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

mount clipons to a tapered handlebar section?
Quote | Reply
having a tough time putting the p/d airstrkes on my fuji..any tips..i suppose i shoudnt clamp the brake cable in side the clamps..these are individual aero bars...swap out the handle bars?
Quote Reply
Re: mount clipons to a tapered handlebar section? [swaco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, new roadbars (I have a fuji road bike with a tapered Ritchey bar that has the same issue). The only other option would be to cut the aero bar into separate left and right sides and mount them past the taper (probably waaay to wide). If you clamp on the taper two things will happen (both bad): the clamp will only contact on the inside edge and will also tend to slide outward as you tighten it (i.e. the bar is likeley to slip), second this small contact area is likely to score the roadbar and could cause it to break later.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
man o man did this problem ever drive me nuts.
i have a ritchey bar on my road bike, 31.8 at the stem, tapers immediately and continues to do so until it hits the drops...

i bought profile carbon strykes and after hours of frustration & tinkering, they just won't work.

i posted on here & others suggested to devise a custom shim or use rubber bands to level out the bars...clearly not something i was comfortable with.

the only viable option seems to be to buy new bars...but beware, there are not many out there right now that are a consistent diameter throughout the entire bar. they all seem to have some sort of taper. also, beware that the vast majority of carbon bars are not suited or recommended for clip-on aeros.

i gave up on the carbon strykes, bought the lightning strykes, but those are a pain in the a$$ too, even though i tried buying the stem that you need for them, it's a goofy setup that didnt fit right.

long story short, i am now the proud owner of both a road bike & a tri bike :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two options:

- New drop bar with a wider clamping section.

- Cut the center section of the aerobar to make it a 2psc. so you can move the clamps inboard.

Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: mount clipons to a tapered handlebar section? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've a vision of a withered old man, beard down to floor, skin as white as paper silently sobbing in a shed where he's spent 12 long lonely years with aerobars in one hand and allen key in the other trying to make his bike rideable until the post above gave him light.

I know it's easter, but even Jesus didn't manage a resurrection as impressive as this thread.
Last edited by: Duncan74: Apr 1, 21 17:17
Quote Reply
Re: mount clipons to a tapered handlebar section? [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There seems to be a bug on ST. I keep getting outdated threads on page1. Since it’s page1, I just assumed it was recent/alive.

🟪maybe jackmott can weigh in🟪

Quote Reply