Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

champ car world series
Quote | Reply
hey nice to see that ad on the site. I'm not really a fan of champ car anymore, but I'll check it out tomorrow.

"the trouble with normal is - it always gets worse"

- Cockburn
Quote Reply
Re: champ car world series [miater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder when will this really bad racing will go away..If your draw is Paul Tracy then your series is in "Trouble".
Quote Reply
Re: champ car world series [shammyg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been the biggest Champ Car fan for over ten years now, and even I can't get excited about the series anymore. Two weeks ago I didn't even go to my hometown race of Portland, and I've been going all three days for years, as well as driving up to Vancouver when the race was there. I always thought they'd bring back the series to respectibility, but it's just spec racing now, and horrible street courses which are there for money and NOT for good racing. It's strictly F1 from now on.
Quote Reply
Re: champ car world series [Ragnar2xx2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you..I used to go to Long Beach for the Grand Prix for up to 10 yrs and go to Fontana to see the season's last race..but this series is a joke and As I am typing this the race is going on in Cleveland so I opted for the taped Ricky Hatton fight in LAs Veags..I think that when they started to change the spec's of the engine and go to one Chasis that all the big teams..Ganassi, Penske, decided enough is enough and left for the more competitive racing at IRL..which I dont really like..but it is competetive..I wonder when Andretti racing will get tired of Danika Patrick more beauty and attitude than wins..If she wasnt a lady she would have been either out or relegated to an also ran team..My two cents about the over confident Patrick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right ... But, Tracy did win in Cleveland today :)

Formula One it most certainly is not ...

Quote | Reply
I'd be pretty good at triathlon if they added a car racing leg to it...

well, I guess I would be good at Quadathlon

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: champ car world series [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he won after punting rahal's kid on lap 3 , hahaha...vintage PT.

I 've got to watch the IRL race that I taped today. Wonder how Danica did....Danica is a good driver. Nevermind the hype, she's as good as any of them out there, except maybe Hornish.

- Cockburn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may be right about Danica ..but she has yet to live up to the hype..Close is good, but not good enough to most car owners..Soon Michael will be starting to weigh the plus and Minus of having a good driver vs great driver...Tony and Dario have the same equipment and they have won already (Dario got lucky with the rain).Plus he has Ashley and she is smoking "HOT" compared to Danica..She cried a river last year when Rahal-Letterman didnt give her a competitive car and know she is on a Premier class Team and nothing yet..Dude that comment just as good as others except Hornish..Better than Helio, Tony or Dario!!!!!!!you give her way to much credit..How long has she been in the series without a win?? I think 3 yrs anybody else would have went to second tier or out of the ride period...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how many races has she run for Andretti? 7? She was right there in Texas could easily have won. Perhaps someone on the team can crash at the right time to give her a win like Herta did for Marco last year. Or suddenly slow at the finish line as Kanaan did for Franchitti.

I 've watched her drive twice at homestead and she's gutsy and talented.
Winning isn't just a matter of skill and equipment in the IRL . There is a lot of luck involved too. Her day will come.
And yeah, on ovals Hornish is better than any of them. Were you watching the IRL 6 years ago, before Penske and Ganassi came back? There's a reason Penske hired him away from Panther. He's the best.

- Cockburn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes on ovals Hornish is the best. yes luck does play a part in racing..the Quote "I would rather be lucky than good"..Penske Hiring away hornish from Panther racing was a great choice..But for Danica, how long will owners wait for this win to happen..Dont you think that Rahal-Letterman were patient with her..I can understand Michael wanting to get her over there she is a Networks wet dream for the rating's and an owners mega blitz for publicity for the team..Dan Wheldon should have told her to get out his face and chalk it up to a racing..Wheldon was on the racing line just like the car in front of him..he didnt cut her off she just went into to the turn to low..(we could argue all the points of this womans career all night..Call me a Chauvinist pig or a person who likes to see other drivers make it on skill, not just because she is a woman)by the way Montoya won on the Nascar road course at Sonoma..That was great for him a foreigner wins in a american racing series..
Quote Reply