Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

calf sleeves under wetsuit?
Quote | Reply
curious if anyone wears calf sleeves under their wetsuit. i wore sleeves this past race weekend but decided to put them on in transition. i wound up having to take my dang timing chip off to get the sleeve up on that leg.

anyone have fast transition tips for calf sleeves?

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: calf sleeves under wetsuit? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wear mine under the wetsuit, never had a problem with it.

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: calf sleeves under wetsuit? [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear them under my wetsuit as well. No issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello damon.lebeouf and All,

Are they thick enough to put wetsuit + calf sleeves over 5mm ..... might be a rule infraction?

If not they probably help keep your feet up and are worth the effort to get them off in transition.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: calf sleeves under wetsuit? [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy hell it must take half an hour to get those on with wet legs??
I alwsyd wesr mine under the wetsuit bo issues
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
curious if anyone wears calf sleeves under their wetsuit. i wore sleeves this past race weekend but decided to put them on in transition. i wound up having to take my dang timing chip off to get the sleeve up on that leg.

I'm going to wear sleeves this weekend in Victoria. I was going to wear under my wetsuit, but it's going to be cold, so I was thinking about putting them on in T1 so they will be dry. I don't think it'll take that long, but the timing chip issue is something I hadn't thought of. I've resigned myself to slow transitions (quick transition and then shivering on the bike for two and a half hours is a recipe for slow), but I don't want to add too much extra time.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also wear mine under my wetsuit - never had any issues.
Quote Reply
Re: calf sleeves under wetsuit? [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
Hello damon.lebeouf and All,

Are they thick enough to put wetsuit + calf sleeves over 5mm ..... might be a rule infraction?

If not they probably help keep your feet up and are worth the effort to get them off in transition.

wetsuit + calf sleeves over 5mm ..... might be a rule infraction? ===not at all. You can wear your sweat pants under the wetsuit without any issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for fast t1:
just wear them under your wetsuit.
if there’s no wetsuits allowed, don’t use them.
cheers. dan

then someone will say, what is lost can never be saved.
despite all my rage, i am still just a rat in a cage.
- smashing pumpkins: "bullet with butterfly wings"
Quote Reply
Re: calf sleeves under wetsuit? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:

I'm going to wear sleeves this weekend in Victoria. I was going to wear under my wetsuit, but it's going to be cold, so I was thinking about putting them on in T1 so they will be dry. I don't think it'll take that long, but the timing chip issue is something I hadn't thought of. I've resigned myself to slow transitions (quick transition and then shivering on the bike for two and a half hours is a recipe for slow), but I don't want to add too much extra time.

don’t try to put them on in t1. i did that exactly one time. it takes forever with wet legs. just try it at home: do any kind of workout that gets you to about 95% max heartrate (like running out of the water after the swim), pour water over your legs and try to get them on.
ideally, have someone stand behind you counting loud from 1 to 100 to simulate the racers in your agegroup that pass you by while you try not to brake a finger or luxate your ankle when trying to get the calf tubes to your calfes... ;-)

then someone will say, what is lost can never be saved.
despite all my rage, i am still just a rat in a cage.
- smashing pumpkins: "bullet with butterfly wings"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:

Is it a cold weather race? Otherwise the sleeves are useless pushed by sponsored athletes like potts
Quote Reply
Re: calf sleeves under wetsuit? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:

Is it a cold weather race? Otherwise the sleeves are useless pushed by sponsored athletes like potts

i disagree 100%.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: calf sleeves under wetsuit? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100% agree

Compression gear has been shown to be effective for recovery, but after exercise, not during
studies didn't find any performance gains either, just recovery

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Re: calf sleeves under wetsuit? [ [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it a rules violation to wear calf sleeves during the swim when not wetsuit legal?!?!

I seriously don't know THAT and I guess I might as well not use anymore as there won't be any wetsuit legal races for the rest of the year! I tend to have a lot calf issues so when I don't wear then I do feel a big difference.

Hopefully this won't upset the mob here in ST too much looking to hang at noon!!!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: calf sleeves under wetsuit? [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anth wrote:
100% agree

Compression gear has been shown to be effective for recovery, but after exercise, not during
studies didn't find any performance gains either, just recovery

Agreed, however i use them as an opportunity to make my legs slightly more aerodynamic. And I don't need to shave!

OP, fine under the wetsuit. For a non-wetsuit swim? probably not worth the effort to put on in transition. Doubt it would save enough time on the bike to be worth trying to roll them up wet calves.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: calf sleeves under wetsuit? [ [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
Is it a rules violation to wear calf sleeves during the swim when not wetsuit legal?!?!

I seriously don't know THAT and I guess I might as well not use anymore as there won't be any wetsuit legal races for the rest of the year! I tend to have a lot calf issues so when I don't wear then I do feel a big difference.

Hopefully this won't upset the mob here in ST too much looking to hang at noon!!!

Yes, for WTC events. Not sure what USAT's rule is.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply