Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bento box not fitting on new P3
Quote | Reply
my "traditional" bento box (kind with velcro straps that go around stem and top tube) isn't working with my Cervelo P3 frame, because right behind the stem is where the cables go into the frame. I tried attaching the stem straps to the cables, but it's not as secure as i'd like. Anyone faced this problem? I think i saw somewhere a new kind of bento box that has a mount system that doesn't rely on velcro straps, but am not successful googling it...

thx!
Quote Reply
Re: bento box not fitting on new P3 [cyclingamy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A P3 with a bento box makes baby jesus cry. Do you to make baby jesus cry?
Quote Reply
Re: bento box not fitting on new P3 [hgrong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL -- THAT was funny.

Does it help if the bento box is for an Ironman - and only an IM?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well you better find a way to make it fit. That makes your bike more aero it has got to give you about 2 min/40K!

:-)

Like T says, "Remember it is all about the Bike because it is all about the Run!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
get the bento box that goes between the aerobars...

It is still really ugly though and I wouldn't use it...but I can see why some would.

Quote Reply
Re: bento box not fitting on new P3 [hgrong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL that was the funniest thing I have read in a while... in honour of our post I will have to find a way to mount my Buddy Christ bobblehead to my aerobars - right in front of my bento box...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm...I used a bento box in all my IM's on a P3 without (much) of a problem. The rear strap (towards the saddle) should wrap around the top tube without any issues. Wrap the front strap (toward the stem) under brake cable housing and around the top tube.

Really, the only issue I had was that the brake cable entering the top tube would kind of push the bento toward the right side of the bike. Overall worked find though.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think people are taking your post seriously and not seeing the sarcasm.

In Reply To:
my "traditional" bento box (kind with velcro straps that go around stem and top tube) isn't working with my Cervelo P3 frame, because right behind the stem is where the cables go into the frame. I tried attaching the stem straps to the cables, but it's not as secure as i'd like. Anyone faced this problem? I think i saw somewhere a new kind of bento box that has a mount system that doesn't rely on velcro straps, but am not successful googling it...

thx!
Quote Reply
Re: bento box not fitting on new P3 [idlersrest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had one of those things 9 years ago! It probably still in my bike room somewhere.

As for the bento box on a P3, if you can find a way to mount it, use it. It's your bike. It's what you feel comfortable with doing.

56-11...the only way to fly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bonty makes one that will work for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uhh the P4 is the frame with the cables behind the stem, the P3 cables go into the downtube..................

Nice try
Quote Reply
Re: bento box not fitting on new P3 [flying wombat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Uhh the P4 is the frame with the cables behind the stem, the P3 cables go into the downtube..................

Nice try

Here are a couple of pictures, showing that, in addition to downtube routing, one cable is entering the toptube...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
feel free to comment, btw, on what appears to me to be an unusually high volume of extra cable in this setup...??
Quote Reply