Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bb30 crank arms for Q Rings or BB30 adapter?
Quote | Reply
Quick question, i have a bb30 bottom bracket and want to use rotor q rings, but i do not want to pay 650 for their new crank arms that are bb30. What would you do,

BB30 crank arms vs. standard crank arms with bb30 adapter?

How well do the bb30 adapters work? I have noted mixed reviews for the adapter BB's.

What bb30 crank arms are out there other than rotor, sram, and cannondale? I noticed that it appears to be hard to find just a sram crank set without rings? Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help. Oh, and yes i have bought into the Q ring hype, i had the chance to ride a pair and loved them.
Quote Reply
Re: bb30 crank arms for Q Rings or BB30 adapter? [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are just getting Q rings you would use your current crank.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: bb30 crank arms for Q Rings or BB30 adapter? [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What crank are you running now?

But to answer your question, in addition to the brands you listed FSA makes BB30 Cranks
Last edited by: MattAune: Nov 22, 11 7:34
Quote Reply
Re: bb30 crank arms for Q Rings or BB30 adapter? [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should have noted that i have fsa cranks now and would prefer non-fsa cranks, but that is a good point that i did not entirely consider. I am just not too sure of the FSA quality, i have ridden their cranks for a few years in addition to Dura Ace and Sram red, with DA always being the clear winner in my mind. FSA seems to conjure mixed reviews for stiffness and quality, which is a concern since this is for a road racing bike where a lot of power is being thrown down.
Quote Reply