Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yaqui's DL Geometry
Quote | Reply
Hey gang,

Perhaps this would be better put to Ves directly but I'd like to hear a range of opinions...

If I understand correctly...the DL geometry is a tri-geometry bike 76-78?? seat tube, but with the top tube and perhaps head tube modified to take drop bars? This is so it can be draft legal correct? Now, would there be any benefit to someone who doesn't race draft legal? This isn't a bike to be switched back from road to tri correct? I guess I'm trying to figure out if this bike is an option for someone who wouldn't be racing draft legal with it. SHould it even be considered at that point or would the person be better going straight tri geometry. Thanks,

John
Quote Reply
Re: Yaqui's DL Geometry [JAY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, first understand I am tagging in on this and Ves is the best person to answer this question. Having said that: The DL is a fitting tool not offered by very many (if any...) other companies. It is a bike that may be an option for triathletes or aero bar users with a long femur and a torso of commensurate length with the frame's top tube dimensions. If need be, Ves has the capability to custom build the bikes also, although as he asy on his website, this is rarely necessary. Not every triathlete needs a 78 degree seat tube angle. A 78 degree seat tube angle is not optimal in all performance environments. So, the Yaqui DL geometry is a refreshing and valuable alternative to the polarized world of 73 degree road bikes and 78 degree tri bikes. Can it do double duty as both? I don't know, ask your bike fitter or Ves.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply