Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training bike and race bike?
Quote | Reply
   Is anyone training with a road bike and race with a triathlon bike?
I live in Maine and the triathlons a compete is here, pretty much sprint and olympic distance with a lot of hills, seems so harder on the hills with the triathlon bike makes me want to just use the road.
Should I just training on my tt?
Is it make much different on time between road and tt bikes in short distance triathlon races for anyone?
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Training bike and race bike? [loganvass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have a TT bike, so all my training and races are with a carbon road bike. I've found it is more than adequate in sprints and olympics. You'll notice that most ITU races are done on road bikes, some using those stubby aero bars. In a half distance, a TT bike would come in handy. Maybe in a year or two.
Last edited by: Recoverie: Oct 11, 14 15:39
Quote Reply
Re: Training bike and race bike? [loganvass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The length of the race does not affect the relative speed of the bikes...You will gain less time on a shorter course with a TT bike over a road bike, but the chances of a few seconds making a difference in a shorter race are greater.

Why don't you time yourself on a hilly loop on both bikes? Unless is the course is very technical, you will more than gain back any time you lose going up when you start going down.

Personally, I never saw much difference in climbing speed between my TT or road bike. Way faster on the TT bike on the downs and flats though.
Quote Reply