Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TIMEX AND TREK TEAMING UP??
Quote | Reply
OUR TREK REP AT THE SHOP LET OUT SOME NEWS THAT TEAM TIMEX AND TREK
HAVE TEAMED UP FOR 2007! DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ABOUT THIS BIG NEWS?

Youngest American Competitor
2007 Ford Ironman 70.3 World Championship
http://www.stephengroden.com
Quote Reply
Re: TIMEX AND TREK TEAMING UP?? [tri09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be pretty awesome...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a rumor that I heard too, and that QR is working with another team instead of Timex.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess all the smaller riders will be searching for a new sponsor then....
Quote Reply
Re: TIMEX AND TREK TEAMING UP?? [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is going to be a very interesting story to watch unfold, Timex had a gazillion athletes, wonder what will happen to them?

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Last edited by: jasonogk: Jan 28, 07 8:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A buddy of mine has signed on with Timex and will be riding a Trek next season as he is also sponsored by a Trek dealer in his hometown.

He had previously ridden a QR. I was curious about the Timex/Trek combo too and Trek signing with Timex would make sense...
Quote Reply
Re: TIMEX AND TREK TEAMING UP?? [jameshinton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think it would only make sence for the two companies to team up.
it would be great business for each of them.

Youngest American Competitor
2007 Ford Ironman 70.3 World Championship
http://www.stephengroden.com
Quote Reply
Re: TIMEX AND TREK TEAMING UP?? [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all the amateurs will be forced to buy new treks or theyll be booted from the team.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard a rumor similar to that about a month or two back - from a very good inside source. I would be willing to bet that Trek would have to tear the TiPhoons out of some of their cold dead hands.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: TIMEX AND TREK TEAMING UP?? [bulldoggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does that surprise you?

In Reply To:
all the amateurs will be forced to buy new treks or theyll be booted from the team.

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Re: TIMEX AND TREK TEAMING UP?? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are very sad indeed to see the team leave us after all these years especially as we have developed great relationships with all the athletes on the team. I am pretty sure though that we will stay friends.

For the team management it was a business decision and we understand that, even if we don't like it.

Herbert
Quintana Roo
Quote Reply
Re: TIMEX AND TREK TEAMING UP?? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not on the team - and have known of this for a number of months (sworn to keep it secret) - and did. Trek I think is trying to enter a new market they have yet to crack...honestly I dont think that they will stay in this game the way ABG has. Trek will not have the ability to cater to the "money is no option" custom frame buyers that ABG has been to willing and able to prove that they are the best at. They can spend all the money they want - they will still leave some of the market wanting - ABG never did - we knew we had the best.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: TIMEX AND TREK TEAMING UP?? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Trek I think is trying to enter a new market they have yet to crack"

Chip,

It's a bold and interesting move on Trek's part. It could be very good for them.

My sense of what happend is that the game has changed quite a bit and the playing field has evened out at a much higher level in the triathlon bike buisness. A few years ago there were only maybe two companies, QR and Cervelo who were REALLY delivering on what triathletes needed/wanted. That's all changed, now as just about every bike manufacturer, Trek included is offering very good bike product for triathletes. The main beneficiary here have been triathletes themselves. The range of the selection and choice has never been better.

As for Trek, specifically, they have always been in the market, albeit not with the best product offering in past years. However, the TTX and Equinox lines meet and exceed possibly the offerings of all the other players in the market. As I said, the playing filed is getting very even.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Jan 28, 07 18:18
Quote Reply
Re: TIMEX AND TREK TEAMING UP?? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"the TTX and Equinox lines meet and exceed possibly the offerings of all the other players in the market"

Surely your joking?

For starters... Trek has FOUR sizes available in the TTX. No f-in way that bike fits a riders smaller than 5'9". If I'm an elite with a bike sponsor, I'd like to be able to ride their top of the line bike and have it FIT.

Quote Reply
Re: TIMEX AND TREK TEAMING UP?? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
We are very sad indeed to see the team leave us after all these years especially as we have developed great relationships with all the athletes on the team. I am pretty sure though that we will stay friends.

For the team management it was a business decision and we understand that, even if we don't like it.

Herbert
Quintana Roo

Herbert,

I was disappointed to hear about the split as well.

But congrats on your newest LS rider out here - WY's bike is beautiful. And fast. Oh wait, maybe that's him.. :)

RR
Quote Reply