Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

T.A. Specialites chainrings
Quote | Reply
*(Picture below at the end of post)*

Very recently I ordered in a hurry for my kid from two different sources a SPECIALITIES T.A. set of chainrings.

I was looking precisely for a 52 chainring to meet some junior rollout limits. The smaller chainring is of lesser importance in this case.

Because getting as close as possible to the allowed rollout was very important I ordered the chainrings from two different sources

expecting one to arrive sooner than the other. The first chainring to arrive was the one I bought from

Peter White (excellent service and very fast shipping).

I received the chainring in Mexico just three days after I ordered it.The chainring sent by Peter was a TA Hegoa 52 tooth, black.

I asked Peter for a blue one but he did ot have one at hand so I told him to send me the black one.

The other chainring set arrived much later.

The seller assured me by e-mail that he would send me a TA Hegoa 52 tooth, blue chainring (set).

What I got was the (?)blue chainring in the below picture.

The (?)blue chainring set is 52/42 as ordered but it is clear that it is not a Hegoa.

It seems to me that what the UK seller sent me was an Allize but I am not sure of this as I am not familiar with these chainrings.

The main differences (besides the color of course :) ) are:

1. The Hegoa has a chaindrop stop pin (you can see it at the 6 o'clock position on the black chainring).

The (?)Blue chainring lacks this stop pin.

2. The inscriptions are:

Hegoa: K7 MADE IN FRANCE....... HEGOA 52/130 9/10 SPEED

(?)Blue: FRANCE....... 52 - S130 / 9 H3

3. The Hegoa chainring has a pick up peg to the left and right of the inscriptions.

The (?)Blue chainring has a peg to the left but only a hole to the right (the hole is almost touching the "3" in the H3 inscription).

4. As you can see the white stickers with the information of each of the two (?)Blue chainrings

(upper left corner of the chainring cardboard envelope) were removed. There is a possibility that these were removed

because the chainrings inside the package were not Hegoa.

Can someone ID the (?)Blue Set and perhaps make some comments on the differences of

these chainrings compared to the Hegoa chainrings?

Thanks beforehand,

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Last edited by: Sergio Escutia: Feb 13, 06 21:25
Quote Reply
Re: T.A. Specialites chainrings [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno, but I have been looking for blue chainrings for like......... forever.
Quote Reply
Re: T.A. Specialites chainrings [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronDad told me a few months back that T.A. produced them but I had a hard time getting the blue ones. As I mentioned I finally found them in the U.K. They look even better live than than in the photo.

My kid just turned 13 yesterday. He has a blue/white Soloist with a blue wippermann chain. He has not problems at all finding his bike in the transition zone :).

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply