Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stupid Newbie Questions
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'm sorry in advance for the level of stupidity that some might find in this thread, but.... I'm really new in this sport and it is incredible how many different subtleties and nuances that are absolutely not obvious, but require quite definite answers.

Dozen of my questions have been answered by different articles, videos and reviews.
But nevertheless, at almost every workout, new and new questions arise. I try to convince myself that everything is fine with me and that it should be :))

Today I swam for the first time with my wetsuit and (surprisingly!!) I finished wet. And I thought that I should be wearing a trisuit underneath. And it would be completely wet. So, it should be normal to ride and to run after swim wearing a wet trisuit and pad full of salt water...

Is it? Do I miss something?
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid Newbie Questions [@rt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@rt wrote:
Ok, I'm sorry in advance for the level of stupidity that some might find in this thread, but.... I'm really new in this sport and it is incredible how many different subtleties and nuances that are absolutely not obvious, but require quite definite answers.

Dozen of my questions have been answered by different articles, videos and reviews.
But nevertheless, at almost every workout, new and new questions arise. I try to convince myself that everything is fine with me and that it should be :))

Today I swam for the first time with my wetsuit and (surprisingly!!) I finished wet. And I thought that I should be wearing a trisuit underneath. And it would be completely wet. So, it should be normal to ride and to run after swim wearing a wet trisuit and pad full of salt water...

Is it? Do I miss something?

yup, water gets into wetsuits. they aren't designed to keep you dry, just warm (and float, swim faster, etc etc..)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A wet suit keeps you warm but does not keep you dry. It also provides some flotation. Very normal to start the bike ride wet but you'll dry off surprisingly fast so long as it's not too cold out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pad (chamois, whatever) in a tri suit is thinner than typical bike shorts and will dry out very quickly once out of the water, you won't notice it.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid Newbie Questions [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it, thanks to all.
In other words, so that only this would be my problem)
Quote Reply