Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sole teadmills...anyone own/run on one????
Quote | Reply
We are looking at treadmills today, between the (new) Livestrong 16.9 and the Sole F80. My wife likes the F80 for the price, Livestrong is about $200 more. Both got good reviews at treadmill dr. Just wondering if anyone has good/bad experience with the Sole brand.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole teadmills...anyone own/run on one???? [SniperTeamOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using a Sole F80 for a little over a year now. It has been a very reliable piece of equipment. For the price I am very pleased with the purchase, although I do not have anything to compare it with. Purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods during a sale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also purchased a Sole treadmill from Dicks on sale an have been very pleased with what I got for the money. It is 3 years old now and gets heavy use in the winter and no issues at all.

I do have to clean and lube the deck and belt about once every 6 months though or it will start to squeek and make other noise. They explain how to do this and what to use in the owners manual.

ZOOT ULTRA Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a Sole F80 that we bought for Christmas. So far very good piece of equipment. Paid 1500 for it with Free Shipping to my basement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own the F85. It's the best purchase I could have made. Folds up yes, but is just as sturdy and solid as any non-folding treadmill I could have had. I picked the F-85 for the bigger motor and rollers.

[edit] I paid $2,000 for my F-85 delivered. I would only recommend it over the F-80 though if you are heavier or if you want to do speed work on it. When you get up around the limits of it's speed, the bigger motor and rollers will help its durability
Last edited by: JoeO: Jan 3, 10 15:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a cheaper Sole that I purchased from Dick's Sporting Goods last year. No issues at all; just checked it the other day and the speed is dead on.

Spot

Quote | Reply
I think Dicks is offering them with a xtra 100.00 or so off .

Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, I spoke to a Dick's salesperson yesterday and he advised getting a Sole over a Livestrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just picked up the F80 at Dick's last Thursday. I'm only 35 miles into it but it is certainly different, in a better way, compared to Nordictrack model I have. My "higher" end Nordictrack is sitting with a cracked deck but will be replaced under warranty. I don't think the Nordictrack will get much use when fixed now that I have the sole.

You probably know the Sole treadmills are highly rated and the F80 is often referred to the best of its price group. As much as I like Lance, I think the Sole is a no-brainer. The F80's deck is 55" where the F85 steps up to 60" if that matters. I'm 6' and have always had treadmills with 55" decks with no problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few months ago, my wife and I were talking about how we don't like the hassle/cost/time of gong to the gym, and she said to me "why don't we just cancel our gym memberships and buy a treadmill?". I love my wife :-).

We puchased (from Amazon.com) a Sole f85. It is heavy and stable, and feels like a solid machine. I can't speak to the long-term durability, but if continues to function as it has for the first 186 miles, I will consider it a good purchase.

-

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Sole teadmills...anyone own/run on one???? [MarkRebuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was the Amazon shipping just to your door? If so, how was it getting the treadmill into the house? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole teadmills...anyone own/run on one???? [sas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazon shipping was (I think) the same as if I had ordered from Sole directly... To my door. I think it might technically have been "curbside delivery", but the guy who delivered it was able to plop it down in my garage. Thankfully, the final location for the treadmill was on the same level as my garage, with only one door and one corner to negotiate. I was able to unbox the treadmill and slide it around by myself. The thing weighs a ton, so moving it up stairs would definitely have required some help!

I only ordered from Amazon because I have an Amazon credit card which gives 3% off all purchases from Amazon, and I had a few $25.00 Amazon gift cards saved up. I think the price on Amazon was otherwise the same as on soletreadmills.com.

-

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Sole teadmills...anyone own/run on one???? [sas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered mine directly from Sole. If you do not have some strong people ready, I strongly suggest you order the in-home delivery. If I had ordered curbside, there's no way I could have gotten that thing in the house.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a Sole Elliptical on Ebay from seller "bikes4deal". Item shipped directly from Sole with full warranty, with the best price I could find. No tax, free shipping. He sells their treadmills too.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply