Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Soggy Shoes
Quote | Reply
It's hot and humid around here this time of year and, unfortunately, I sweat like a hostage to begin with. By the end of even relatively short weekday runs (6-7miles), I look like I showered in my running kit, and my shoes are completely squishy, moisture soaked wrecks. Seriously, I was caught in a monsoon type rain burst for about 2 miles last week, and there was no noticeable difference in the end result.

I wear wicking socks obviously, but are there any products out there along the lines the HALO headbands to keep sweat from running into your shoes? If not, how do the other heavy sweaters deal with this? Just HTFU, run barefoot, carry spare shoes/socks tied around your neck?
Quote Reply
Re: Soggy Shoes [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same happens to me in SE Texas. After a 4 mile run, my shorts are drenched, shoes make that squish noise, and takes a solid day for them to dry out. I just run with it, it's better than being cold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick and easy way to dry out your running or cycling shoes: stuff them with old newspapers when you get back. Change the paper after a few hours. Should be completely dry by the next morning, usually much much faster.

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the thin wrist/sweat bands. They help to keep my feet "dryer" for longer, but once they get soaked, they are not much help. You can change them out 1/2 way though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue until I switched to Zoot Ultra Race shoes with the drain holes. They are almost the same weight at the end of the run. They are cooler as well since the upper is very well ventilated. I think the K-Swiss Kona's have a similar design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2 on the Zoots, I train in the TT's, basically water and sweat passes through them. They will get wet but at least you are not slogging around in 2lb shoes, they also allow you to run sock
less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No way to keep mine from getting drenched, but afterwards I use Stuffits. (http://www.stuffitts.com)

I actually get to the point of stopping and wringing out my socks. Stopped this morning (15 miler) and had to wring out my shirt 3x.

I have some Zoots too but I can't wear them for really long stuff.

Tiger for Life -- War Eagle!

Quote Reply
Re: Soggy Shoes [KT-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yesterday i too did a 15 miler. It was crazy hot and humid (S.FL). I stopped a few times to wring my shirt out as well as wrung my socks out once. It feels so much better to lose all that excess sweat from your clothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X3 on the Zoots. The TT, Tempo TTs, Race 2.0 and Speeds all have drainage and sockless liners. No socks means less material to absorb and hold water/sweat. It also means less time in transition. The TT has the most "shoe" to it but I run the Race even at the marathon distance.

http://trisports.com/...s-running-shoes.html

Coupon code IMIKE-S will get you 10% off.

http://ianmikelsonracing.com/2013/
Quote Reply