Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Runkeeper i-phone run/bike app
Quote | Reply
Having used the free Runkeeper app as a trial, I like what I get. Combined with my old but trusted bike computers for real time data, it gives me all the tracking and history that I need..

Before I step up to the paid version, anyone with a bad experience or alternatives?
Quote Reply
Re: Runkeeper i-phone run/bike app [jacknine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used run keeper for a year now...and really enjoy it. They are always improving.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey

By now i can say that i have tried almost every one of these free apps (there are quite a few out there). It of course all comes down to what you need, but i like Endomondo.
Endomondo have a really cool feature where people can send live peptalks while you work out (i used it in Boston this year and got a lot of very needed peptalks). It also have a lot of challenges where you can win prizes, compete with friends etc..

I also use the site to upload and analyze my Garmin data so i have it all in one place.
The Pro app have extra features such as interval training etc, but i have never tried it...

Hope it helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Runkeeper i-phone run/bike app [k89533720] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, what I was hoping to hear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out STRAVA... it's awesome and very motivating!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The free version has been all I've needed. What do you get stepping up to the paid version besides half-off coaching plans?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no paid version of Runkeeper now. The free version has all of the features. The only thing you can now pay for is the Runkeeper Elite which allows real time tracking (which my wife and I use a lot to tell when either of us will be home) and some bonus features on the website.
Quote Reply
Re: Runkeeper i-phone run/bike app [snoop101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you run with and iPhone?
Quote Reply
Re: Runkeeper i-phone run/bike app [walnutcreek tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Runkeeper i-phone run/bike app [Benito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benito wrote:
Check out STRAVA... it's awesome and very motivating!

I just loaded, will see what it does

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Runkeeper i-phone run/bike app [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried Strava, and as I said it also works. I however think it is very focused on people who bike. If you do different sports i find Endomondo to be much better.
Endomondo also have cases for your phone for runs and/or bike on their store (http://us.store.endomondo.com/). Endomondo also works with heart rate monitors, so you can analyze that after your workouts (not sure if that works on Strava).
Well again - it depends on what you prefer - hope you find something you like...
Quote Reply
Re: Runkeeper i-phone run/bike app [Pjorsen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pjorsen wrote:
I tried Strava, and as I said it also works. I however think it is very focused on people who bike. If you do different sports i find Endomondo to be much better.
Endomondo also have cases for your phone for runs and/or bike on their store (http://us.store.endomondo.com/). Endomondo also works with heart rate monitors, so you can analyze that after your workouts (not sure if that works on Strava).
Well again - it depends on what you prefer - hope you find something you like...

Thanks, loaded and will try. Yep, it gives you lots of options for tracking within the same app

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply