Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Removing Wheel Graphics
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions for removing wheel graphics? I'm looking at removing my HED graphics but would like to know if anyone has found anything that easily removes them and without damage to the surface.
Quote Reply
Re: Removing Wheel Graphics [tritanker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pulled the stickers off my zipps and was able to get the majority off without leaving any residue. I think I wiped it with acetone after although acetone may not be good for carbon. I have used it on fiberglass for years without an issue.... The reason for acetone is to not leave an oily surface if you're going to put new stickers on. If not you could use goof-off or paint thinner which isn't as harsh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use iso-propyl alcohol. It works like a charm and won't damage the carbon.
I used it to remove the decals on my H3s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a hair dryer and warm up the decals/adhesive before pulling them off. It helps loosen everything and leaves less clean-up afterwards. Works well for race stickers too.

-Darrell

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use Goo-Gone rather than acetone, or even Goof-Off, both of which are much more harsh than Goo-Gone, which is made for removing sticker residue.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. Not just quite sure what technique I'll use but will provide feedback how things worked out.

Thanks again ST'ers!
Quote Reply