Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Remembering Rockman
Quote | Reply
 As I was passing by Rockcut State Park yesterday driving up to Madison I was remembering back in 2008 doing Rockman in epic conditions (tornados, lightning, rain). Chip was one of the stranger members of this board but he sure did a good job keeping that race together that day.
Quote Reply
Re: Remembering Rockman [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was there that day too...my mom who was back near the transition area says that the big main tent was starting to lift up and that volunteers had to hold it down from the poles...she also said that bike were blowing around the transition area...epic day for sure!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i was there that day, that huge tree fell down ten feet in front of me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
As I was passing by Rockcut State Park yesterday driving up to Madison I was remembering back in 2008 doing Rockman in epic conditions (tornados, lightning, rain). Chip was one of the stranger members of this board but he sure did a good job keeping that race together that day.

Any further info on Chip? Hope he is doing ok.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was there as well - fun times

Re: Remembering Rockman [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any further info on Chip? Hope he is doing ok.
-------------------------
Me too.
I bet he's larking out there.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Sep 10, 16 10:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was one of my better races ever, and it was now 8 years ago. (Sad trombone in the background)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was an epic day, we had great conditions at the front of the race. Never knew about the trees down, the tent almost flying away or tornadoes until after we finished. I think we were all pretty amazed by Chip in his clown suit RD skills that day.

There were a ton of people staying at Chip's house the night before after the meet n greet he threw. Those kids (all <30 yo) left super early for the race. Richard and I weren't even awake before they left to go rack. I mean we had our own ST transition racks it's not like we were fighting for space.

And for the record rroof says he was there but he overslept that morning and missed the start!!!! ;-)

Credit where credit is due, when Chip got called out for saying being an RD isn't hard, he stepped up & put on a damn good show.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Remembering Rockman [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
That was an epic day, we had great conditions at the front of the race. Never knew about the trees down, the tent almost flying away or tornadoes until after we finished. I think we were all pretty amazed by Chip in his clown suit RD skills that day.

There were a ton of people staying at Chip's house the night before after the meet n greet he threw. Those kids (all <30 yo) left super early for the race. Richard and I weren't even awake before they left to go rack. I mean we had our own ST transition racks it's not like we were fighting for space.

And for the record rroof says he was there but he overslept that morning and missed the start!!!! ;-)

Credit where credit is due, when Chip got called out for saying being an RD isn't hard, he stepped up & put on a damn good show.

Damn I was hoping you wouldn't see this and chime in! Well, I was there the year before (inaugural year) at least ;-)