Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rasmussen question - why did he start?
Quote | Reply
The way I see it, Rasumssen was pulled because he wasn't where he said he was back in June. Did they just find out about this TODAY? I'm assuming they knew back in June, so why did he start the Tour? Is he just now getting pulled due to heat being put on his team? Am I missing something?

On another note, at least he didn't test positive. Of course he could have gotten all of the drugs magically pulled from his body when he was missing.

Edit: from www.cyclingnews.com I'm not the only one with this question.

UCI president Pat McQuaid questioned why Rabobank hadn't removed Rasmussen before the Tour began. "My immediate reaction is, why didn't they do this at the end of June, when they had the same information," McQuaid told AP. "The team decided to pull him out - that's their prerogative. I can only applaud that. It's a zero-tolerance policy and it's a lesson for the future."

Adam
Last edited by: adampom: Jul 25, 07 17:26
Quote Reply
Re: Rasmussen question - why did he start? [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on the modern philosophy that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission perhaps.

In any case, a bad decision.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Rasmussen question - why did he start? [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>" The way I see it, Rasumssen was pulled because he wasn't where he said he was back in June. Did they just find out about this TODAY?"

While the team knew he had missed tests and/or not filed proper paperwork about his whereabouts, they discovered today (Wed) that he was seen in Italy at the time he claims to have been in Mexico. Thus he has perjured himself and is being pulled from the team/tour for that reason.

This is my understanding. I suspect the witness claiming to have seen him in Italy was the final nail in the coffin for him. With everything swirling around the tour at this point, Rabobank decided enough was enough.

scott
Quote Reply
Re: Rasmussen question - why did he start? [Scott in PDX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other than getting fired, is he suspended? Can another team sign him and have him racing tomorrow?

Adam
Quote Reply