Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

O.K. Who is goind to CDA
Quote | Reply
Hello all. Will be doing CDA as my first IM.Who else is going?If you see me say HI!! I am 43,wearing a yellow(top)/black(bottom) skinsuit my wife made me.Ride a silver/blue Klein Q-Pro Carbon with blue tires.I will be staying at the Howard Johnson (anyone else staying there)Hope to see you all. I am getting nevous so I am glad I have to work everyday till Wed. Good Luck!!

Ken Cottrell Bib #1109

Yes TriBigGuy I am still detailing my plan.
Last edited by: Kenney: Jun 21, 03 11:30
Quote Reply
Re: O.K. Who is goind to CDA [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. IMSpud will be #2, IM Calif in 2000 was my first. I don't think the Lake CdA water temp will be any worse than the ocean was in May 2000 - 64F if I remember right. I wore a QR Longjohn there and was just fine. Will be wearing a T1 this time though.

Look for me on my P2K wearing a DeSoto tri bike jersey - bib #1169. Staying in Post Falls at the Red Lion Templins Resort.

Mike

( All right, all right!! Step away from the computer and go out and ride!! )
Quote Reply
Re: O.K. Who is goind to CDA [Mike in Wichita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been in Calif in 2000 as well and I hope the swim in CDA won't be that long;-)

see you all in idaho

Quote Reply
Re: O.K. Who is goind to CDA [Mike in Wichita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike is it OK if I contact you there?Being in Montana I have only met two others who did an IM. Would be very interested in any tips. We are in the same age group so what kind of times are going for? I will be arriving Thursday with my wife. I am even renting a wetsuit from inside out sports so I will be trying it out for the first time there. If you are going to do some practce swims,I will buy you lunch if you show me the best way to get the darn thing on and off....Thanks Ken
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there. Leaving Thursday. Bib number 1168.

We have four out of 11 from the very first Ironman (lake placid in '99) team in training group going to CDA together.

I can't wait to be there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there

Is it too late to start training?

Bib number 672. Yellow Giant with a Renn disc =)

Fourth Ironman. First in eleven years.

Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Mike is it OK if I contact you there?Being in Montana I have only met two others who did an IM.

Ken - You bet, I'd be glad to chat. I'll leave a message for you at the Howard Johnson's when we get in - sometime Thurs. (I lived in Great Falls for 3 years - loved Montana - it's quite a place and a real secret.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: O.K. Who is goind to CDA [agret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've been in Calif in 2000 as well and I hope the swim in CDA won't be that long;-)

see you all in idaho

LOL!! How could I forget...the LONGEST Ironman. 2.4 mile swim, 2.4 NAUTICAL miles!! Thanks Navy; someone forgot to tell them to convert their GPS to statute miles. About a 630 yard difference.

Mike

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm leaving Wed. It will be my 2nd IM and I hope to knock an hour off my time of last year, but that's probably wishful thinking. My other goal is to pass 1250 people(no, I can't swim). I passed ~1450 last year but I've improved somewhat in the swim. I've found that counting gives you something to think about during a race and makes the time go by quicker.

Good luck to everyone and lets hope for no rain. Looks like there's a shot.
Quote Reply
Re: O.K. Who is goind to CDA [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'll be there, my 5th. doing one a year, different one each year. want to get them all before i'm too old.

you may want to check out coach Rich Strauss of Crucible Fitness. he's giving a talk on Friday morning. i think his website is cruciblefitness.com.

anybody know the current water temp?

good luck

bb

this is his posting on Coach Gordo's site:

Hi,

I will be giving a pre-race talk for my athletes, the Inland Inferno Tri Club (50+ members doing the race!!) and anyone else who is interested. If you would like to get a few words of wisdom or just stop by to say hello, come on over.

When: Friday, June 27, 9am

Where: near the swim start/bag check area. Look for the gillion IITC folks in yellow t’s.

What: IM race day decision making skills, problem solving and other tools to use on race day. I pre-face the talk by telling people to not change their plans, but here are some things to think about when the race changes your plan. I will end with a QnA. Jon Pedder will be there to answer questions about the course, as he has ridden it before.

If you can't make the talk, please look for Jon and I at the Expo or on race day. One of the cool perks of this internet coaching gig is the opportunity to meet people that you only know through the net. Look for the red and blue Team Crucible uniforms. If you swim between :56 and 1:05, you'll probably see Jon as the blur in the far left lane, screaming through the field on the bike.

If you see me, it will be on the run. Don't expect me to smile, as I don't do much of that during IM runs.

Regards,

Rich