Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No Specialized venge in TDF
Quote | Reply
Why no specialized venge in this years TDF not even in the flat stages . About to build up a s-works venge anyone ride one .
Quote Reply
Re: No Specialized venge in TDF [toomanyms] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The KOM leader was on a venge the first several days. I've seen several others in breakaways.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not an answer to your question, but ... I've ridden quite a number of road bikes quite a number of miles over quite a number of years. I've never had a bike quite so remarkable as my Venge. I absolutely LOVE it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok I guess I will keep my eyes taped open I have to watch at night when in tired . Do you have the s-works or pro ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the six watts (as claimed by Spesh) saved when riding the Venge as opposed to the SL3 (not SL4) worth it for a harsher ride/extra weight??
Secondly most guys dont like changing between bikes frequently.

Disclemar: I own and LOVe my Tarmac

Quote | Reply
cannastar wrote:
Is the six watts (as claimed by Spesh) saved when riding the Venge as opposed to the SL3 (not SL4) worth it for a harsher ride/extra weight??
Secondly most guys dont like changing between bikes frequently.

Disclemar: I own and LOVe my Tarmac

Where does it say venge is six watts over sl3?

How much does it compare to sl4?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People were definitely on them over the last few days
Quote Reply
Re: No Specialized venge in TDF [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Article form Velonews, its about a month or so old. Search Tom Boonen Venge
Not sure why they dont compare it to SL4, maybe there is less of a difference. I doubt it would be much though, the SL4 is an aero brick, with its huge tubes and wide stance. The 6 watts is when you are riding in a pack (ie not in the wind) this number rises to 25watts at 40kmh when riding out the front.

Quote | Reply
cannastar wrote:
Article form Velonews, its about a month or so old. Search Tom Boonen Venge

Not sure why they dont compare it to SL4, maybe there is less of a difference. I doubt it would be much though, the SL4 is an aero brick, with its huge tubes and wide stance. The 6 watts is when you are riding in a pack (ie not in the wind) this number rises to 25watts at 40kmh when riding out the front.

Ex-VeloNews student intern here. The article your referring to actually states that the seat post alone saves 4 watts over the Tarmac in a crosswind at 25mph just for the seat stays. The article continues to explain that the whole bike has a 20W power savings over the Tarmac SL4. The source of the claimed data comes from Specialized "aero-pharroh" Mark Cote. I'm not sure where the article is on the site now-- I think that Lennard Zinn wrote it. I'll hunt it down and source what I wrote above here.
Last edited by: legs: Jul 9, 12 11:34
Quote Reply
Re: No Specialized venge in TDF [Alex Kehr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that....yeah that article was very interesting