Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Join me to VOTE for H.S. Girls Swim
Quote | Reply
Hey Slowtwitch,

Please join me in voting for our local H.S. Swim Captains in this newspaper poll for Athlete of the Week. Two clicks and you’ve done your part to support swimming.

https://www.heraldnet.com/...eek-for-oct-21-27-2/

We all know how hard it is for our sport to grab the spotlight from football. That alone should be enough for your clicks.

If you need more, these two senior co-captains have done an amazing job not only competing in the pool, but they have also been instrumental at leading this team with support, guidance and inclusive attitudes from day one. Underclassmen swimmers have flourished under their wings and will no doubt remember these two leaders as positive influences for years to come.

They are nominated for “Athlete of the Week” in our hometown paper for leading the school to its first ever local district title in a four school championship meet last week, each winning two individual events and teaming up with underclassmen for two additional relay wins. That’s six event titles for the two captains, including the 200 Yard Freestyle, 500 Yard Freestyle, 100 Yard Freestyle, 100 Yard Backstroke, 200 Free Relay and 400 Free Relay.
Last edited by: GreatScott: Oct 29, 19 17:56
Quote Reply
Re: ST Unite: Join me to vote for our H.S. Girls Swim [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
done!

(stupid poll wouldn't let me vote twice....)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Oct 29, 19 7:01
Quote Reply
Re: ST Unite: Join me to vote for our H.S. Girls Swim [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Easy, right?

Unfortunately, football player has taken the lead. Hoping to scrape up a few more votes from Slowtwitch. Takes less than 10 seconds to vote!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Unite: Join me to vote for our H.S. Girls Swim [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'd better get marketing harder. These gals are in the lead but only just barely.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: ST Unite: Join me to vote for our H.S. Girls Swim [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, we’re now leading 417 to 416.

The two votes from this thread are the difference.

Honestly, I expected more from ST. Come on people!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done! Get it, ladies!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Unite: Join me to vote for our H.S. Girls Swim [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woohoo!

Count is now 449 to 439 in favor of the girls.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I absolutely did not vote a second time from a different device. That would be unethical, I would absolutely not pad the vote count by voting from my work computer and my phone. I most definitely will not vote a third time from my home computer

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: ST Unite: Join me to vote for our H.S. Girls Swim [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Inconceivable.

Who would do such a thing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vote tally for the evening crowd:

Senior captains dominating a championship meet to lead the team to its first district swim title EVER: 496
Throwing a couple of touchdowns: 456

Two clicks and you can help these girls get the recognition they deserve!
Quote Reply
Re: Join me to VOTE for H.S. Girls Swim [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done, and the lead has widened to 509-459.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who doesnt love girls swimming, I voted!!
Quote Reply
Re: Join me to VOTE for H.S. Girls Swim [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monty was #510 and I was #511. Now 511-462
Quote Reply
Re: Join me to VOTE for H.S. Girls Swim [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Late night surge by the football fans has the voting at 608 to 539 in favor of touchdowns.

Apparently these people don’t have 5am swim practice.

Please vote!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Late night surge by the football fans has the voting at 608 to 539 in favor of touchdowns.

Apparently these people don’t have 5am swim practice.

Please vote!

my cat tried to vote, but was informed that she had already voted.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Down with football, yay for swimming!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Unite: Join me to vote for our H.S. Girls Swim [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
You'd better get marketing harder. These gals are in the lead but only just barely.

I'm open to ideas. Johnny Football now leads 630/573.

I could hire Talbot to blast the Gram? Or somehow turn this into a Lionel thread?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bit of press illustrating why these girls deserve the recognition:

https://www.edmondsbeacon.com/...-swimming/22222.html

Voting currently 652/624 in favor of Johnny Football.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mavericks make history at Edmonds District meet | SwimmingMeadowdale's Grace Morgan, Jersey Razzano and their five senior teammates received an early graduation present. Led by Morgan and Razzano, who each won two individual events, the Mavericks claimed their first Edmonds School District girls swimming championship in at least 45 years Saturday, Oct. 26, at Lynnwood Pool.
No Meadowdale team was listed among the winners dating back to 1974 on the trophy hoisted by the Mavericks at the end of the meet. The district does not have any records prior to 1974 and Meadowdale athletic director Beth Marriott indicated that it is her understanding that the school has never won the Edmonds School District meet.
The significance was not lost on Morgan and Razzano.
"It means a lot, especially being our senior year," Razzano said. "It's the first time Meadowdale has actually got the trophy and won ESD, so that's a big deal for us."
Morgan described the victory as amazing.
"For that to be our final ESD and to win for the first time ever in my high school career was a great way to ring out the season," Morgan said.
The Mavericks scored 348 points to finish ahead of last year's winner, Mountlake Terrace, which took second with 318. Edmonds-Woodway placed third with 240 points and Lynnwood was fourth with 150.
Going into Saturday's meet, Meadowdale figured that Mountlake Terrace would be its main rival.
Morgan kept an eye on the results as the meet progressed.
"But the main focus was making sure everybody was in the right head space and having fun," she said.
Razzano said she knew it would be a close match-up with the Hawks.
"We thought it was going to be a tie," she added. "Our girls put up a really big fight with all the teams. ... It was just a lot of fun."
Razzano edged club teammate Tiffany Vuong of Mountlake Terrace by .06 seconds in an exciting 100-yard freestyle. Razzano won in 57.24 seconds, just ahead of Vuong, who finished in 57.30. Razzano also won the 100 backstroke in 1:04.63. Another club teammate, Bre Enriquez of Mountlake Terrace, took second in 1:05.63.
"I actually swim with Tiffany Vuong on my club team. So I'm very close with her and just getting that chance to swim with her was a really good experience," Razzano said. "I also swim with Bre Enriquez."
Morgan easily won the 200 and 500 freestyles in 2:04.46 and 5:26.70. She was about 10 and 45 seconds ahead of the second-place finishers in the two events.
The Meadowdale senior just missed a state cut in the 500 freestyle.
"That's OK. That just gives me more drive for districts," Morgan said. "That just brings more excitement to it. I'm going to keep my head high and have a great time going into districts."
Meadowdale coach Samantha Tesch saw great swims not only from Morgan and Razzano but from their teammates.
"It was a team collaboration," she said. "There were a lot of standouts. We have a great team this year."
Ellanor Bazan finished second in the 100 butterfly and placed third in the 200 individual medley. Faith Urquhart took second in the 200 freestyle and was fifth in the 50 freestyle and Emma Bray placed third in the 50 freestyle and was fourth in the 100 freestyle. Lensee Abiye finished third in the 100 breaststroke and Mya Granger took fourth in the 50 freestyle.
Morgan, Urquhart, Bray and Razzano took first place in the 200 freestyle relay in 1:50.02 and the same four won the 400 freestyle relay in 4:02.18.
Meadowdale's 200 medley relay of Hayley Ross, Abiye, Bazan and Granger finished second behind Mountlake Terrace.
Edmonds-Woodway was led by Alexis Song, who walked away with a pair of victories in the 200 individual medley and 100 butterfly. Song finished the 200 IM in 2:24.54, just ahead of Enriquez, who was second in 2:24.97. Song won the 100 butterfly in 1:03.93.
This marks the fourth year of being a part of the Meadowdale swim program for Morgan and Razzano. They will miss their teammates.
"They're like a second home, a second family to me. They all mean so much," Razzano said.
Morgan is glad to finish out her senior year with her friends.
"I haven't let myself cry about it, about the season being over," she said. "I love these girls. These girls are great. They work so hard every day and I'm so proud of them."
Last edited by: GreatScott: Nov 2, 19 8:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe post this over in the women's forum, or the LV if you dare....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The gap is now down to 19.
Could be lowered to 18 if I happened across this page with the combo of my forgetfullness as to having voted already and my work iphone in the other hand...
Quote Reply
Re: ST Unite: Join me to vote for our H.S. Girls Swim [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
The gap is now down to 19.
Could be lowered to 18 if I happened across this page with the combo of my forgetfullness as to having voted already and my work iphone in the other hand...

Gap down to 16... 😏
Quote Reply
Re: ST Unite: Join me to vote for our H.S. Girls Swim [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Solid effort; thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Voted. Bump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great article and story. Voted!

Darren
https://www.strava.com/athletes/12385497