Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt DA Headset Loose again!
Quote | Reply
Do any felt owners have problems with the headset coming loose every week or so?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA Headset Loose again! [TDOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The headset on mine comes loose every 2-3 rides. My local mechanic did something last week which seems to have fixed the problem, i'll check exactly what he did and let you know. Unfortunately the front of my frame, behind the bayonnet, has been ground away somewhat by the loose fork rubbing against it.

At the moment the fork seems to be on par with the Vuka aerobars in number of times things have come loose.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA Headset Loose again! [Billboard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please let us know what he did. It i really annoying, not to mention unsafe
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Don't ride with a loose headset, ever. With the bayonet mount, you probably won't have a fatal crash as you might with a conventional headset. But you are likely to damage the frame, possibly irreparably. I was coming loose a bit, but both Felt and the local dealer were very supportive and fixed it immediately.

-jens
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
geesh! What piece of crap bike. I would never buy it :-)

It hurts so bad, it feels good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gold star for the proper spelling/usage of the word "loose."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same frame, brought it to my felt dealer, turns out something else was wrong too, so they sent it back to the felt factory and im getting a new one. I bought the bike a couple months ago and still haven't ridden it. I'd think they have their problems fixed by now. Their customer service is great however their quality is somewhat poor, i know i probably won't buy a felt again.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA Headset Loose again! [airsoft510] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seriously though, are we talking about a manufacturing defect here? Looks like a lot of people are having problems with Felt DA.

Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA Headset Loose again! [black] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
may be... i dont know... i dont care... i just want to ride my bike! but yeah, seems like a lot of people are having problems
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA Headset Loose again! [airsoft510] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is just strange that some unrelated people are having similar problems, if there is something wrong, i hope the company is not waiting for a serious accident to happen to make a recall. This happens all the time cervelo, Specialized all have recalls and it does not damage their sales. however staying quiet and trying to solve the problem until someone complains about it mentality is wrong.
I have Felt DA since March (knock on wood!!!!) and did not encounter any of the problems yet.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did the bike shop do? I am spending more time in the bike shop than on my bike! What happened with the Vuka Bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please call or email me if you'd like to discuss your headset issue.

Best,

Dave Koesel
Quote Reply