Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record?
Quote | Reply
As Slowman said, he's not banned, it is just WTC's rules that prohibits them from allowing an athlete under investigation by WADA to race at their events until the investigation ends or any sanctions served.

But it seems like the Challenge guys at Roth could have some fun here. Could he go sub 4 hours on the Roth bike course? It's only 2 weeks after IMFrance was supposed to happen!
Quote Reply
Re: Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1, but forget about the bike course record.

Lance should go break the world record at Roth. Pull the Raelerts with him - I bet they care more about times than Kona. What better way to thumb it at WTC than by having the world record-holder sit out of Kona while other organizations are letting him race?
Quote Reply
Re: Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record? [JWL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JWL wrote:

Lance should go break the world record at Roth. Pull the Raelerts with him - I bet they care more about times than Kona. What better way to thumb it at WTC than by having the world record-holder sit out of Kona while other organizations are letting him race?

World record? You mean course record.
Quote Reply
Re: Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're the same. 7:41:33 from A Raelert last year. That is, unless you're WTC.
Quote Reply
Re: Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record? [JWL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JWL wrote:

---

yeah but the dicks at WTC do not recognise the times at Roth,or any race that isn't theirs,as a World Record time so they won't care....Apparently Roth does not exsist.

---
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Jun 14, 12 8:41
Quote Reply
Re: Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the Challenge series or Rev-3 have any kind of drug testing agreement with various anti-doping agencies like WTC? Do they test the winners or pros at their races? It's a tricky slope if they let a guy under investigation in while still carrying on testing with their other athletes.

Quote | Reply
I'm cool with not calling Roth a "world record"....but we can just call it a "world best" time. That's what used to be done with marathons years ago.

Anyway, this could be interesting. What else is LA going to do with all this fitness. May as well go have some fun. The dude loves competition anyway and can't stay away from it.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record? [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but the triathlon world knows that Raelert's time is the fastest ever for iron-distance, even if not (capital-I) Ironman.

WTC will be forced to care if Lance draws attention to their vanity over this. In other words, the WTC world "Ironman" record only has some semblance of legitimacy insofar as WTC is the premier iron-distance race brand. If Lance announces that he wants to break the world record, and that he doesnt give a sh*t about whether its in an "Ironman" or an "ironman" it makes WTC look pretty bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I'm cool with not calling Roth a "world record"....but we can just call it a "world best" time. That's what used to be done with marathons years ago.

Anyway, this could be interesting. What else is LA going to do with all this fitness. May as well go have some fun. The dude loves competition anyway and can't stay away from it.

Dev

---

I'd be totally down for him racing in Roth....It would be huge.

---
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see this as a case of LA trying to make WTC look bad. I am sure their mutual agreement had a provision for this day anyway as both parties knew the USADA thing was in the works. If nothing else, WTC can look good because they are sticking to their policy and being fair to all athletes. Then when this blows over, they can give a discretionary slot at Kona to the guy who holds the "world best time".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
48mins swim + 4hour bike + 2.48 marathon plus transitions sub 7:40 :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, you're probably right. Even so, if WTC gives a discretionary to Lance on the basis of his "world best time" isn't that sort of undermining their own record-keeping?
Quote Reply
Re: Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record? [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure Lance is already figuring out what his next race is. To see him at Roth would be pretty cool!

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record? [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think that is right? I wonder if he remains focused on tri, or if he is just going to take his toys and go home. What is the general view on this?
Quote Reply
Re: Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record? [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just think he is so fed up with all the crap that is going on that racing tri's is probably his escape and distraction. I don't think he wants to go home and just leave it all, he is just to competitive.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And of course all this assumes that folks even want him at their races. Do we know for sure they would? Sure these are just allegations at this point but it seems to be getting more serious and as another poster has said, would a RD want to go back after a few months and deal with having to remove him from the official results and deal with any other problems that arise from it (loss of prize money, media attention etc).
Quote Reply
Re: Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Yes they do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ with respect to your feeling that the allegations are getting more serious.....did you have a chance to read the USADA document and the actual allegations against LA on page 10 and page 11? It's sounds like a case of he said she said with no hard data to back it up.

Some of the wording appears to be fairly loose and perhaps intentionally broad brush....read it and you'll see. What does "use and/or attempted use of prohibited....:" actually mean. Either I'm speeding or I'm not speeding. Attempted speeding is still under the speed limit until I am actually speeding!!!

Anyway, I would imagine if anything the allegations there are less serious than an actual positive test A sample and subsequent B sample. They don't have that. Everything sounds more serious because the media hype.

I would imagine that there are plenty of RD's who would have him in his race. Heck WTC probably wants him in their race, but they are in a bit of a bind because of their policy which is actually a good one. They can't just change their policy in their pro athlete membership process today. That would just be too sloppy. Their best bet is waiting for some fo this to

Now of course WADA through the DTU (German Fed) could put pressure on Felix indirectly and make it incovenient for him to have his event sanctioned etc. That is another problem entirely if it comes to that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just meant that something seems to be progressing against him instead of just a bunch of people saying he did this and that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No way the Germans want Lance to race. No chance at all. German race organizers, media, public and governments are the biggest anti doping fanatics in the world. And they hate doped cyclists even more then other kinds of doped athletes.
The German media does not need evidence either to call someone a doper. Lance is seen as a doper in Germany, and he will never race a triathlon in Germany.
Quote Reply
Re: Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record? [big slow mover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big slow mover wrote:
No way the Germans want Lance to race. No chance at all. German race organizers, media, public and governments are the biggest anti doping fanatics in the world. And they hate doped cyclists even more then other kinds of doped athletes.
The German media does not need evidence either to call someone a doper. Lance is seen as a doper in Germany, and he will never race a triathlon in Germany.

Now drafting, on the other hand - have at it!! Short course? No problem!
Germans are very precise about the types of cheating they will permit.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I do wonder if George Hincapie is set to be a witness. He does not fit the defence's case as a lying doper with an axe to grind. Such testimony would make him a lying doper, but in the same boat as Lance.
Quote Reply
Re: Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record? [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I say Lance should take some of his personal wealth and either buy WTC or start a competing organization to the WTC with branded 70.3 and full ironman distance triathlons, then this is all moot. Think of how many people would jump to sign up for a "LAF" branded triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: Felix at Roth making the call to the guy who will break the Roth Bike Course record? [GrisGris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrisGris wrote:
I say Lance should take some of his personal wealth and either buy WTC or start a competing organization to the WTC with branded 70.3 and full ironman distance triathlons, then this is all moot. Think of how many people would jump to sign up for a "LAF" branded triathlon.

My bet is it would do slightly better than the Hits series.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felix would be foolish to do this. I would think he would look at the situation and determine the benefits to the Roth event. Are there any? The race sells out as fast as a WTC race. It has sold out quickly each year after the split from Ironman. It has sold out quickly each year after Quelle had to back out. Possibly there could be more attention to the race (for what gain) in the short period but the USADA most likely did not bring these charges/allegations/whatever lightly so he is playing with fire in inviting a potential headache to this race.
Quote Reply

Prev Next