Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Denver tri scene?
Quote | Reply
I know a lot of pros come out of Boulder which makes me think that CO would be a competitive endurance sports state. What are the local sprint and olympic races like? I am racing in Houston now where I am a competitive AG-er. Just wondering if I should prepare to get destroyed. How big are the races? 500 people? 1500?
Quote Reply
Re: Denver tri scene? [inaba116] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a ton of fast people in Denver as well as Boulder and you will find most of the same fast ones at about any race on the front range. Most of the good races sell out months in advance and you can race almost every weekend in the summer if you wish to do so. Check out the 5430 boulder series events as well as the rattlesnake races as well. All run very well and sell out every year. Good luck and have fun!

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a point of reference for the Age Group racing scene up here...

In 2007 at the 5430 Long Course race... there 11 kona qualifiers.... in the M35-39 AG alone.

There are no "easy" races on the front range.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
races aren't typically that big, Boulder Peak sells out at 1500 every year and that's the biggest race I know of. 500 to 800 for most of the larger races.
It's intensely competitive but I believe there isn't quite the depth of field you'd find at east coast races. AG podium is fiercely contested, top 10 AG at races other than Boulder is not that bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Denver tri scene? [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a list of elite AG or elite teams/clubs in the Denver area?
-I know Riptide Multisports, don't know any others
Thanks

Ryan Borger - Denver, CO: Realtor. Former pro triathlete/coach. Cancer survivor. podiumproperties.com
Quote Reply