Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cyclists in the Columbia SC area I have a special friend in need.
Quote | Reply
OK now that I have your attention if you are or know anyone in the area I am looking for someone who may be able to lend a hand to a special someone.

He loves cycling, was stationed in Vicenza Italy for 7 years where he would ride and race. He was originally a mountain biker but became a Roadie. He is now in the Columbia area and doesn't have anyone or know where the safe spots might be to ride.

Trust me when I say this would be good for him as he moves forward. I can give further details in PM but trust me when I say that it is well worth the effort. Its a special case for a special person

I am on the road so if I don't respond quickly that is the reason.

Thank you in advance

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Last edited by: Rodred: May 10, 10 11:10
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclists in the Columbia SC area I have a special friend in need. [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not in the area but was visiting my sister there a few years ago. A longer story but we were advised to go over to Fort Jackson and ride there which we did. Very little traffic and very nice roads but watch out for the troop buses - they were/are a basic training location. Nothing like the sound of live ammunition to squeeze out a few extra watts. Road riding would be the way to go - off road might not be a good idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclists in the Columbia SC area I have a special friend in need. [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM swimshady. He's a local pro who lives and rides a lot around that area.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclists in the Columbia SC area I have a special friend in need. [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will do.

~
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclists in the Columbia SC area I have a special friend in need. [AFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm not in the area but was visiting my sister there a few years ago. A longer story but we were advised to go over to Fort Jackson and ride there which we did. Very little traffic and very nice roads but watch out for the troop buses - they were/are a basic training location. Nothing like the sound of live ammunition to squeeze out a few extra watts. Road riding would be the way to go - off road might not be a good idea.

Thank you. He is stationed at Ft. Jackson and has plenty of experience with real bullets so he would probably not have an issue with riding on post.

Part of the issue is that I am trying to find not just a place but people for him to get together with. Now that I am back in town I can get busy on that.

I didn't want your help to go unnoticed so thank you much.

~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Thank you. He is stationed at Ft. Jackson and has plenty of experience with real bullets so he would probably not have an issue with riding on post.

Part of the issue is that I am trying to find not just a place but people for him to get together with. Now that I am back in town I can get busy on that.

I didn't want your help to go unnoticed so thank you much.

There were a few other riders but not many as we rode during the week. Possibly on the weekends there is much more cycling activity. I'd think there would be some local racing or riding clubs around - good place to meet people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell him to hit up the guys at Cycle Center. There's some really good triathletes and cyclists in the area. There's even some group rides listed on the Cycle Center webpage, but I have no clue what the quality (speed) of those rides is.
Quote Reply